Video Doorbell and Alexa Announcements

Just got my doorbell pre-order the other day! Really excited and already installed it. One thing I noticed is that on Alexa the type shows as “doorbell” compared to “camera” in the case of the Ring doorbell.

As a result (I think) you can’t really watch the doorbell video on the echo show. You can still enable announcements on Alexa but that will just act as a chime without video feed. There is no way to manually view the doorbell either (all the other wyze cameras are working fine on the echo show using Alexa)

Is this a known issue at the moment? It doesn’t seem like you can modify the device type on Alexa btw.

p.s. Couldn’t find any existing topics on this so I hope this is not a duplicate.

1 Like

2 years, wow, welcome back. I’m interested in seeing answers to your question.

you can view the video on alexa devices as well as google home but the video is sideways, hopefully they’ll get it fixed soon

2 Likes

how do you do it on Alexa devices? It doesn’t even show up under the devices

I’m not sure, I don’t have a Alexa video device, I have a Google Home. I’ve seen several other people state they can view the doorbell on their echo and it’s sideways, which I see the same on the Google Home.

I have an Echo Show 8. I ask Alexa “show front door” and up it comes but it is sideways.

Video is 90 degrees left on any Alexa devices.
Please fix this bug!!!

Tried on Amazon tablet as well… No matter is it landscape or regular… Still 90 degrees tilted…

Just bought a Wyze doorbell. I don’t like the chime. A rep told me that I could use echo devices as the chime but I can’t figure it out. Also when I ask Alexa to show my doorbell camera, it comes up sideways?? It’s seems like these would be easy fixes. So please help me fix these. Thanks

In the alexa app go to devices - > all devices(on top right)->press on your door bell.
In the settings there is a switch called “Doorbell Press Announcements”
That is…

1 Like

Thanks so much, that is exactly what I needed for the chime. Now I just née the picture to be at the right angle and I might keep it.

Did you get any response from Wyze? I just installed my doorbell and have the same display issue on the echo 8

Nope. No response? I thought when they said echo compatible, you would be able to look at camera without have to break you neck. Why else would you need it to be eco compatible?

@dmitry59 I learned something new!!