V4 Smart Focus (greyed out)

Just received the v4, what might i be missing to use the smart focus? it is greyed out on the app (android)

Try enabling local hardware decoder: Wyze app Home > Account > App Settings > Enable Hardware Decoder

2 Likes

Ok, just checked my phone app, and it is enabled.

1 Like

The setting depends on your phone model’s hardware. On my Samsung phones I have to disable hardware decoder. On my tablets, I have to enable the decoder. The feature does work though. When the feature is enabled, you’ll see a green box over the icon:

3 Likes

ok, disabled works on my phone app, Thanks for that point. now just waiting to see people or cars go by to see this in action like the preview on the webpage.

2 Likes

:+1:

Are there certain object it will do the zoom in view? so far of the events the past 20 minutes, just one event zoomed.

1 Like

I haven’t played around with it much. I think it just zooms in on and tracks motion within the fixed field of view. Not sure if it Smart Focus does AI object discrimination. I’ll tag @Mavens to see if they have additional info.

2 Likes

I don’t think this is AI based, just motion. If you walk through the frame it will zoom in on you because you are the largest source of motion.

This is mainly for cameras that are up high and have a large area in frame, where it would be useful to zoom into the subjects.

1 Like

I believe it’s based on general motion, but I think it’s a great way to discern your motion sensitivity also. I haven’t had time to play well round with it much but you can really figure out how much is enough to trigger that actively.

2 Likes

The smart focus works on my Samsung phone as well as iPad however not on my Samsung Tab A app.

I have multiple Samsung Galaxy Tab A7 tablets. Each runs a different Android version. All support Smart Focus for Cam v4 and Cam v3 Pro, but the Enable Hardware Decoder option must be toggled off on A-series tablets.

2 Likes

Thanks everyone, for some reason I guess i was thinking with the motion tagging selected, it would zoom to for example people or vehicles if selected, my error when looking at the advertisement of the video shared. I mainly am looking for vehicles for my application.