V3 vs. Rain

Nice. I look forward to receiving mine and setting them up. They should be here today via FedEx.

Mine is partially under an eave but still gets hit (snow n rain) due to wind. But, I have not had any real issues with blur. My issue is 4000 videos a day due to it catching snow falling and drips coming off roof lol

Okay, I guess I have my answer. A rain hood would be a welcome addition, but rain has no long term affects on the camera lens. See below.

1 Like

You could put it in a bird house like this. Of course I would use a smaller house. :blush:

One major difference between an Avalon’s rear windshield and a camera lense. The camera lense will be much more vertical (almost 90* to the ground) vs the cars rear window (45* give or take) allowing gravity to move water drops much faster without wind.

I own a hatchback with a near vertical rear windshield and also use RainX on it. When parked and in the rain, there is very little water that will stick to the glass, almost all of it just falls right off(driving is a different issue since the wind flow is really crazy on the back edge of a car).

1 Like

Bought and modified some PEF cases from Amazon that were developed for the Wyze Cam Outdoor to fit my V3’s then printed out some hood elongators on the 3d printer. Working very well.

1 Like

Hello People and @esanger
Your hood for the V3 camera case is very similar to my Bonnet and Helmet for the V3 itself, even the shapes are similar. Check out my post Bonnet for the V3 Camera - Advanced
Within this post are links to two STL 3D print files:
V3 Bonnet 2.stl
and
V3 Helmet.stl

Both of these items would be attached with the thin double-sided roll tape. The also have a back flange which limits forward positioning.
Victor Maletic.