V3 pro not detecting any smart events

Setup my v3 pro to replace my v3. It will not report any ai events. Theyre all checked on. No vehicle, person, package… nothing. I know we went from cloud ai to in device ai, but nothing is being detected. Ive checked and checked to make sure ai detection is on… and it is…

Any help gents?

1 Like

Are you talking about not getting notifications or event videos?
My Pro is set like this for recording:

2 Likes

Smart events. Yep they’re on. This is all motion as you see. There are 0 person events, even when i had it set just like yours. I have it set to all motion since smart will not record anything.

How do i contact suport besides the forums and hope for it? Lol dont see supprt option

Maybe faulty camera, i dont know.

You can contact support at support.wyze.com

2 Likes

Having the exact same issue with my V3pro, please share if you find a solution.

Well the smart detection events are not really that smart anyway. It is good if you just want person, package and pet but if you turn on Vehicle your events page will be full of Vehicle events of your vehicle parked in view of the camera. I just deleted about 60 videos of my parked truck in the driveway. They were recorded between 10 AM and 12:10PM today. I usually just turn the vehicle setting on at night before I go to bed.

Id rather have 79 vehicle notifications in an hour vs 210 motion lol.

I actually disabled vehicle and just have person notification for my v3.

Now i csnt have thst either

1 Like

Check your filter settings. I had to reset most of mine, using the filter menu.

It has nothing to do with filter settings. If i enable person or any other smart detection its all blank. It only records motion and smart detection is not working. Still waiting to hear from wyze. What a mess.

1 Like

Same issue here…

1 Like

I have noticed since switching out my v3 for a v3 pro in the same exact window mount that I rarely get vehicle notifications. occasionally I will but not nearly as much as the original v3 did.

seems like a firmware issue as the v3’s seem to operate better on the AI – the pro’s have more built in AI for faster notifications so its likely something related to that.

I had a similar problem. No registered AI events (or vary rare) on various cameras, just motion detected events.
After having replaced a couple of v3 cams with v3 pro cameras it started to work. This was however before I dialed in the detection zones. Once I reduced them to what I felt was appropriate (15-20 squares) AI detection stopped working. :pensive:
So I opened up the detection zone to include a lot more of the image and it started to work again. :+1:
It may be that AI detection is now bound by the detection zone, but I cannot be certain. This has been a requested feature for a while, but honestly I would like the choice.
Can anyone confirm a similar experience? Does AI detection seem to be only applied to motion in the detection zones?

Thank You for your comment. I too was having V3 Pro person detect problems until I followed your suggestion, except I just turned off the Detection Zone altogether.

1 Like

I just recently had Smart Detection Event issues on my cam v3 Pro and opened up a ticket [#2905367]. Searching the forums, I came across your entry and tried turning off the my Detection Zone and the Smart Detection Events started working again and I received Smart Event notifications. Currently with Detection Zone set to ON, only the All Motion Events setting provides notifications. A factory reset, etc (and other suggestions by Wyze) did not resolve the issue.

Smart Detection Events used to work in the recent past, not sure when it stopped working with Detction Zones set to ON. I am using the latest IOS app (2.40.0.15) and latest FW. I suspect that version 2.40.0.15, which was updated two weeks ago (from 2.38.4.3), is the culprit, FW did not change in that timefame.

Does anyone else share this issue? Android users may have not issue, only IOS?

1 Like

I’ve run into this same issue… brand new out of the box. no events, no notifications. filter has everything checked.

This is not the issue (subject Smart Events) of the thread.

Your Smart Detection Events setting is turned OFF (All Motion Events is selected instead). With this setting, I receive notifications, but only for any motion without any smart tags. With your current settings I think you should get notifications as long as you have Cam Plus or Cam Plus Lite.

I didnt want to make a new thread since this was so similar. Not sure the OP is active anymore (said not posted in over a year? not sure if thats accurate or not lol)

Yeah I have cam+ and I’m not getting ANY notifications. and nothing shows up in the “Events Records”

1 Like

Well it appears that my fix for getting smart detection events to work (opening up the DZ) no longer works.
As @Rick100 states, about a couple of weeks ago Smart Detection event recording and notifications suddenly stopped working. No recordings or notifications of any kind. Some troubleshooting revealed that having the DZ on causes Smart detections (AI events) to not function. This means if you have “smart detection events” turned on you get no recordings or notifications at all, of anything. If you turn off the DZ everything works fine. Motion events are correctly identified by AI, recordings are made and notifications are sent. I even tried turning the DZ on with all the squares turned on and it still failed. Setting event recording to “all motion events” with the DZ on only partially works. It will record events but will not AI tag anything, and subsequently no notifications are sent for AI events.
This leaves me with two options,

1. Turn the DZ off and deal with the deluge of event recordings and notifications of AI events happening anywhere in the field of view. With AI event recording and notifications on my porch camera picks up every person walking up and down the street when I really only care about (or want notifications from) those that walk up to my porch.
  2. Turn the DZ on but lose any and all AI detection and the advantages this feature has. The result is a deluge of non person/pet/package events and notifications from things blowing in the wind and lighting changes. Remember Wyze cam recordings before AI?
    Both of the above options turn the “Pro” camera into a very dumb camera.

To be clear everything worked fine up until a couple of weeks ago. Last firmware update of the v3 Pro was back in December (4.58.0.3210) so nothing new there.
This problem is limited to the v3 Pro AFAIK. I have v2, v3, Pan Cam (V1, 2, 3), ODC (v1, v2) and OG cams that all work correctly, albeit the OG does not seem to have the “Smart Detection Events” feature. Don’t get me started on that one.
I am at a loss here. Putting in a support ticket also with Wyze is my only option at this point, and I am not looking forward to that process.
Ugh.

This issue appears to be fixed as of yesterday:

I have confirmed my v3 Pro is now correctly doing AI detection and event recording with the DZ on.
One win for Wyze support.