V3 motion detection

I have to say I have a V3 camera over my garage. It is the worst motion detection system I have ever seen I have cars pulling out of my driveway everyday not once has it ever picked up the car. Yet if I walk out into my driveway into my zone it will pick me up and send me a notification. I have my detection zone approximately 15 ft from the sidewalk. At night when somebody walks down the sidewalk it picks them up and sends me a notification even though my zone is 15 ft away in the daytime this will not happen. I have other cameras from other manufacturers that work 100 times better when my year is up there is no way it is worth paying for this motion detection system. There were two good things about this camera the night vision is great it takes an SD card so I can back up in time. And that’s where it ends, the sound system on these cameras absolutely terrible the 30 bucks yeah it’s got some features that I like.

2 Likes

Post your motion detection and notification settings.

All the way up

Post the specific camera settings, otherwise it’s hard to trouble shoot. There’s not a single setting that will magically start the process.

1 Like

Ahh I see you have camplus, what are your camplus settings? Is it just the “tagged clips” that you are missing? Is vehicle detection enabled?

A1 events on, motion on 80% sound off

All other motion off

Post the NOTIFICATION settings.

If you call Wyze support, you’d be asked these same questions.

Notifications on like I said, it has no problem picking me up when I walk out into the driveway into my zone but it can’t seem to pick up a car a big giant explorer or a Honda Accord nope can’t see that

On for cars and people detection

Your cam doesn’t record a big giant explorer or you just don’t get a notification? Don’t wait around for a notification of a car pulling in your driveway if you don’t have all other motion events turned on. The AI for vehicle is wacky, My cam is set for AI only, vehicle/person. If I walk past my car parked in the drive the notification will say person/vehicle. If I drive up no notification with AI events only turned on but it works with all other motion events on.

I will give it a try thank you

Well I gave it a try I turned on all notifications and at night time it constantly goes off every time a car drives by even though my zone is about 20 ft from the street. During the day for some reason the zone seems to work fine. These cameras they pick up pixel based motion which is not very good very prone to false alarms. I have Arlo cameras they pick up progressive infrared motion and they work 10 times better very few false alarms if any.

Which is why I have AI events only turned on. With all other motion events on notifications just keep coming :open_mouth:

You said in a previous post that you had all notifications on all right. So I gave it a try I tried turning on all notifications constant false alerts previously I had AI events only and that doesn’t work either it cuts down on the false alarms it’ll pick me up when I walk in the driveway but it will not pick up cars coming in and out of the driveway back to where we started from again that’s where I’m at now

And there are probably 10 or more other older post here about the same issue, Vehicle detection doesn’t work with AI only on. maybe someday??? Here is one of many:

Arlo is also 5x the cost of wyze and is a more mature product.

And 10x better

Do you have a Detection Zone defined, and firmware 4.36.1.4 (where there are boxes to granularly define the zone)? I noticed after this last firmware update that I wasn’t getting any recordings of events that would have been recorded before. Such as my wife backing out of the driveway (have a recording of her returning later…). I turned off the Detection Zone, so now a bush and clouds trigger events. I’m back to getting all the events it was totally missing the past week. So I’m thinking there might be some bugs needing worked out with this new Detection Zone…

I also see this sometimes with my V3 with Cam Plus.

I see the dog coming back in after he’s done with his business in the yard. But the event when he went out, isn’t there. :grin: