Last summer after coming back from a short vacation I noticed all my Wyze V2 cameras (4) mysteriously stopped working.
I tried for a long time to get them working. I did a factory reset multiple times and have had no luck at all. I could understand one of them going bad but all four at once, I don’t think so.
I have held on to them until now. I just tried doing another factory reset on them again with no luck.
Let me explain the steps that I am doing:
- Making sure that my phones Wi-Fi is connected to my 2.4G network.
- I did the factory reset for 10 seconds, I can feel something switch on and off in the camera when I do this. Then I heard the Ready to Connect message.
- I got to Wyze app and added a new device. Picking Wyze Cam.
- I clicked on the Next button on my phone, and it asked me to pick the network. I picked the same 2.4G network that my phone is connected to.
- The bar code does scan and I get the message, “You are code scanned please wait”. The Blue light does flash on the back.
- Now I get the message, “Cannot connect to local network”.
Since this happened last year, I have purchased four Wyze V3 cameras and they all were able to connect properly and are working. There is something that changed in the V2 that is preventing them from connecting to the network. Right now, I have four V2 cams that are worthless.
Does anyone have any advice?