V 2 Cameras offline after upgrade to v4.9.5.111

Upgraded 2 V2 cameras to v4.9.5.111 and the cameras will not stay connected. They both show offline in the app. I have reset the modem, router, and both cameras several times. Cameras will reconnect for a short period of time but never show “on” in the app. The app on the Android phone upgraded to v2.9.30, Android tablet is on older version v2.8.24.

The solid blue lights on both cameras indicate that they are connected

You said you have restarted everything but the tablet or the phone. Since one of those was also upgraded recently, if try restarting them also then try.

I’m having the same problem

Good morning took your advice and restarted phone and it did not help … the cameras still say they are offline in the App. I have restarted both cameras again this morning and they both show solid blue lights indicating they are connected to the wifi. I still suspect that the issue is with v4.9.5.111.

These 2 cameras have functioned perfectly for 9+ months until this latest OS upgrade … matter of elimination that points to the OS upgrade.

Is anyone having an issue with he new OS who is on an IOS platform?

I have 2 other cameras at another house that will not upgrade to a new operating system because they are connected to a ‘mesh’ eero router. They are working perfectly on both the new and old version of the Apps.

Please see my response to Omgitstony

Yurfutur1 it would be helpful to know if you are using an iPhone or an Android??? Is the issue a Wyze camera / OS issue or an iPhone vs Android OS issue.

Stay safe

1 Like

may be try to turn off 5ghz in your router
then
reboot your two cameras.

Router has 2 ssid names and I am connected to the 2.4 and have been for 9 months. That’s an issue with the two that are still working but will not update OS. 2 different issues

When I have problems with devices in my Wyze app on my Android phone, I have found clearing the cache and data for the app at the OS level often clears up issues such as yours. If that doesn’t help…

Keep in mind that this forum is primarily a user to user community. If you don’t get a helpful reply here, please file a Support Request. You can also submit a request from within the Wyze app by going to Account > Help & Feedback > Submit a Log. This method will allow you to send an app log for diagnosis as well as report your issue. (Note that if you are using a beta version of the app, the log will be sent to the dev team rather than Wyze Support and will not generate a support request.)

I’m having the same problem. I updated the firmware last Saturday and by Sunday the camera had stopped detecting motion of any kind. I’ve remotely and manually reset the camera and it no longer detects motion. Do not update until this is fixed. I stood in front of the camera and waved and there was no notification at all :frowning:

Welcome to the forums! Have you verified that your settings are still where you want them after upgrading?

Try rolling back the update by installing an older version (just to make sure that’s what it is), or try installing the RTSP firmware. You can always return it to the current firmware afterwards.

btw, Links to my suggestions are in “GREEN” above.

1 Like

All, I have no idea what is going on but both cameras are now working properly. Is it possible that something was mixed up on the Wyze servers with the new upgrade??

Thanks to everyone who offered solutions … great forum

Be safe and healthy

Bob

1 Like

Yes, I checked the settings and created new rules. Motion detection no longer works with the current firmware .

I just upgraded one of my v2 cameras that I have notifications enabled for, paying attention for anything out of the ordinary. Once the firmware was upgraded via app, I manually soft reset the camera again via app, restarted the app in my phone, went back into all the settings (which I screenshotted to make sure nothing changed) for that camera and noticed no changes. I tested the event notifications and they worked as designed. Checked my continuous recording before and after noticed A breif outage during upgrade and it picked up where it left off. Pixel 3, Android 10 , Wyze app 2.9.30, V2 now with .5111 fw.

Sorry, I tried the hopefully replicate your issues but was unable to on my end.

I about 2hrs ago, the camera started working again with no additional changes since my last post. Strange. I’d still hold off on the update for awhile just in case.

Thanks