Unable to view events again and again and again

With the latest firmware upgrade the boys in the lab sent out now prevent me from viewing any recorded events. I can go into playback and slide the bar to the specific time, but that kinda defeats the purpose of viewing events. Thanks guys. Another well planned, well tested upgrade to hell.

1 Like

What app version and camera firmware version are you using? Are you still able to view SD card recordings and receive notifications?

tt’s an android and the firmware is the latest for the app and cameras. This is something you [Mod Edit] should have tested prior to pushing out. Android is all you need to know working with your latest levels.

MOD NOTE: Post edited to conform to the Community Guidelines

@evanstd - Please don’t refer to " the firmware is the latest for the app and cameras ". That changes regularly. For all you know, Wyze will release a new version 5 minutes after you post your message. Instead, specify the version number - for example: v2.15.23 and firmware 4.9.6.213 (and I see there is a new version that recently came out - .217). And in the case of the phone, what kind of phone - at least Android vs iPhone.
More information is better than too little.

4 Likes

Please list the app and camera versions as @K6CCC mentioned. The issue your having may be due to an outdated app or firmware.

1 Like

And could you check the capacities listed of your SD card in the Local storage section? Depending of the total capacity of the card, I’ve noticed with my cams that there should always be a minimum of 3% to 5% or so, depending on the total capacity for the card to function properly. If the total capacity is not correct or/and there is not enough space left, the card must be reformatted. Also, if the Format button is faint or cannot be clicked may indicate that reformatting is necessary if restarting the camera does not resolve this issue.

1 Like

firmware on the cameras is 4.9.6.199. The app is the latest from the play store

When you go to view events, do you get an error message (provide screenshot) or you just don’t see any events?
If you’re not seeing any events, make sure your camera is set to record.

And also make sure that you don’t have any filters on.
Do this by looking at the top of the “evens” section of the Wyze app. You’ll see:

Make sure that none of those circles are blue(filled in). Next, select cameras, then “clear all”.

Once you’ve done this, you can go back to cameras and select only the camera that your looking for events on.

SD card is recording because I can go back in time and watch stuff. When I attempt to open a recorded event the app closes out. Doesn’t matter if I filter to one camera listing of events, or both that I am running, on two different networks/states/internet provider. Same results. Wyze puts the cr-app in app.

| Brlepage Forum Maven
November 15 |

• | - |

When you go to view events, do you get an error message (provide screenshot) or you just don’t see any events?
If you’re not seeing any events, make sure your camera is set to record.

Wyze

Event Recording and Schedule

Event Recording can be used to set when a camera is scheduled for generating Event Videos, and if they are triggered by detecting Motion and/or Sound. Event Recording Schedule You can choose betw…

And also make sure that you don’t have any filters on.
Do this by looking at the top of the “evens” section of the Wyze app. You’ll see:

Make sure that none of those circles are blue(filled in). Next, select cameras, then “clear all”.

Once you’ve done this, you can go back to cameras and select only the camera that your looking for events on.

Try deleting and reinstalling the Wyze app. I haven’t seen anything else on this issue.

Already did that.

When I click on an event notification, it sends me to the live feed instead of the event video. Started doing this last night.

Welcome to the party.

1 Like

“Video clip doesn’t exist or is still being uploaded” FOR DAYS now.
Tried all remedies found in forum and in YT video.
Wyze will not answer my phone calls.
I think after you call a certain number of times for help, they put you on an ignore-list.
Or maybe Wyze has gone out of business due to so many technical problems?
-events play in fast motion
-events don’t play all 12 seconds
-live stream, playback and events kb/s drops to zero and video stops

• un-able to update device list (error code 01)
  • failed to connect
  • playback is being used by another device (only 1 device, me)
    -neither Wyze nor comcast nor att can figure out any of this.
    The e-mail i got from the “development” team basically said too bad, so sad, it’s not us.
    Complete waste of cost of 4 cameras and the 4 SD cards. Cheap is as cheap does. Looking into higher quality system. Look forward to poor reviews-ratings to all.

I feel your pain. Seems as though they just randomly push out firmware with little to no testing on multiple platforms.

| AAcustomer
November 15 |

• | - |

“Video clip doesn’t exist or is still being uploaded” FOR DAYS now.
Tried all remedies found in forum and in YT video.
Wyze will not answer my phone calls.
I think after you call a certain number of times for help, they put you on an ignore-list.
Or maybe Wyze has gone out of business due to so many technical problems?
-events play in fast motion
-events don’t play all 12 seconds
-live stream, playback and events kb/s drops to zero and video stops
-neither Wyze nor comcast nor att can figure out any of this.
Complete waste of cost of 4 cameras and the 4 SD cards. Cheap is as cheap does. Looking into higher quality system.

1 Like

Any @Mavens with this issue?

Nothing here. In fact I caught my son doing something he shouldn’t have earlier and he got called out on it. :innocent:

@dial
Do you have Cam Plus, if so it will sometimes go to Live as it is still in the process of recording the event

2 Likes

Nope, but sounds like an app problem. I’d suggest uninstall, restart phone and reinstall app, which was partially recommended above.

1 Like

No problems viewing events here other than the usual 3-5 second events where I receive a “Failed to upload Event.” message.

1 Like