One of my Wyze Pan Cam v2’s seemingly died recently as it was no longer available in the app. Thinking it might have lost WiFi connectivity, I pulled the power cable and let it sit before trying to in the app again but no go. Turns out when the cable is plugged in, I get a solid red light that remains indefinitely.
- Pushing the Setup button does nothing
- Pressing & holding the Setup button for an extended period of time does nothing.
- Roving the power cable, pressing & holding the setup button then reconnecting the power cable (all while still holding the setup button) does nothing either
- I’ve done the above tests with & without the microSD card plugged in - no change
- I’ve tried powering the unit with a different cable & power adapter - no change
I’ve had the camera for I nearly 2 years and while WiFi connectivity was an issue here & there, usually a reboot solved it for a few weeks.
Before I ewaste/ecycle this device, are there any other official or unofficial things I should try?