I have two Wyze Video Doorbells (one purchased direct, one at Home Depot) - neither of them have ever been able to connect.
I’ve created a separate 2.4GHz network just for the doorbell and placed the router near the front door. I’ve tried going through Wyze support, who’s only answer seemed to be that I should try a new unit (which I’ve done - behaviour is the same).
Based on comments here, I’ve also:
- Made sure the network is WPA2
- Tried to manually adjust channels (1, 6, and 11)
- Tried with and without the fuse cable
- Tried with and without my iPhone being on the same wifi network
- Tried with an Android phone (and my iPad, just for fun)
- Tried printing the QR code and scanning the paper
- Tried it at different times of day/night
I can see that the device gets on the wifi network and authenticates properly (so the SSID and password are being correctly read from the QR code). I can see that it picks up an IP address from the DHCP server in the router, but after that it just seems to stall. I’ve done Wireshark on the network, but I’m not really seeing any traffic from the device - not sure if that’s me dealing with Wireshark on 802.11 or not though. When I put a PC or my phone on the dedicated wifi network for the doorbell, they both work fine, so routing, DNS, etc. all work properly.
My wife is starting to question whether I actually have a career in IT (honestly - I do!). Can anyone suggest something I haven’t tried before I toss this in the bin and go with Ring or Google? Thanks!