Trade-in/Trade-up Program

How about trade in programs for Wyze Doorbell or Deadbolt? I think it’s a great idea, and would open a nice 2nd hand market for Wyze

It’s called eBay. I just sold 9 v2 cams on there without issue.

Look - I get it. Ebay is there. They collect seller fees and there are other complications to using it. I could still do it. It would be simpler if Wyze had a program.

Anyway - your answers are unhelpful. Please stop trolling this forum.

Not trolling. I was actually unaware that I was replying in a thread that I had already posted a comment.

That being said, you might want to scroll up and read then comprehend the previous reply made by a wyze team member a year and a half ago.

“We sell our products with really thin margins so we don’t have a lot of space for stuff like this. While we enjoy the idea, we likely will not do such a program.”

And yes, eBay collects seller fees. Most places that do business collects fees. After shipping and fees I made nearly 50% of my original purchase price on eBay.

Point is, Wyze is not going to offer a trade in program. You can take advice from people that have sold their old Wyze devices or you can keep asking and waiting for a trade-in program that is not going to happen. It’s your choice.

Upgrade path for older cam

I have had my outdoor cam for less then 1 year and now I see they have a new and improved version.
I am requesting an upgrade path where we can turn in our old for new and a modest cost, not full price.

1 Like

Trade in program for e-waste

I have a Wyze Cam v2 with a broken stand and it would be nice to have a trade in option for new versions of devices. It would help with reducing e-waste with a trade-in incentive.

2 Likes

Upgrade program

A program to upgrade to newer versions with sending in old versions. EX: I have three outdoor v1 cameras that I would send back to Wyze and receive the outdoor v2 cameras for an upgrade fee.

1 Like

I would like to see an upgrade program as well. Not only good for the customer but for the earth as well. Helping to reduce waste.

2 Likes

Trade-in Upgrade program

My wishlist idea would be to have a Wyze camera Trade-in Upgrade program for customers that have many old versions of the Wyze cameras. Wyze would offer customers the ability to trade in their old cameras for a discounted rate on a new model camera.

1 Like

Upgrade/Discount Program

Hello,

Here is the thing. I owned 4 of the first wyze cams. When V2 came out, I bought 6. When V3 came out, I bought 8. Now… the Pro is out and I want to buy 9. The problem is, I now have the old versions sitting in a drawer. Do the math. . . I have 18 cameras that will be without use! Please, there needs to be a program for upgrading to newer versions by way of a discount or some kind of trade-in perk. This would potentially reduce waste and reward loyalty for those of us who are buying Wyze products coming hot out of the oven.

Think about it!!

1 Like

Camera Upgrade Exchange Program

Would love to see a service that offers a discount/exchange service for upgrading existing cameras to newer models with better tech.

Currently run a mix of cam v1, pan v1 through cam v3 and pan v2. Would be awesome to exchange all my older models for pan v3!

Trade in program

You should have a program for customers who can turn in or trade in order products for credit for new products. You can recycle and or reuse older models or refurbish them and sale them for profit.

1 Like

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Be like offering a Trade In for a Bic Lighter :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

The logistics for trading in a retired camera would cost more than the old camera was worth :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

How about giving some older unused cameras to friends and family to try Wyze. It’s the older cameras that work with CPL. Friends and family can then decide if they want to move to Cam Plus or newer cameras.

Also, maybe donate to a school Computer Science class. I am sure students would love to work with / take apart a WiFi camera. Might be able to write the donation off your taxes.

Without a Trade In program, my two above suggestions might be the next best thing.

Trade in program

Can you create a buyback program or a trade-in program so people can upgrade their own devices to the newest model and still have loyal customers that want to come back and keep coming back cuz they can trade in buy the new ones?
And then you’d have other people who can buy the refurbished devices and make everyone happy

It would be great if you had a trade-in program for some devices.

After I’ve already paid $75 for the door lock and more for the keypad a year ago, I see the upgraded version with fingerprint recognition. I WANT THAT…but I don’t need two locks and I don’t want to just throw away the $75+ dollars I spent with you only a year ago.

1 Like

Yeah the cost of shipping and handling the e-waste would be too much to be worth it, especially considering the insanely low price point most Wyze products come in at.

Buuut…maybe they could partner with local electronic waste recycling facilities. They could accept the waste and give you a voucher showing the number of devices recycled, and Wyze could offer a small amount of store credit or like a free month of Cam Plus for each recycled cam.

1 Like

Frankly there cameras have been sucking lately anyway. Only captures half the stuff going on. Quality has gone down significantly.

1 Like

If you are wanting to see this request come to fruition there is a survey you may want to chime in on.

4 Likes

This has been moved to Testing as we are starting the beta test of the Trade-In program. Here is a link to the thread posted in Wyze News.

3 Likes