Timestamp 12- and 24-hour time formats

4 years later and this wish has not come true… Very sad…

4 Likes

Request for standard time display (not military/24-hour time)

Time displays only in 24-hours. There really should be an option for standard time - feels like a fairly straightforward update and an easy/obvious one for your community. Thank you!

Originally requested in 2018 and still no update? This is low hanging fruit. Wyze product team please make this update. Get back to basics for the benefit of your loyal customers. Love the products otherwise.

1 Like

I prefer the 24 hour format. Most of the world uses it including hospitals, police, fire, etc. even in USA.
When using the “playback” mode, even with the 24hr format set, the time at the top comes up in 12hr ??
That needs fixing.

It’s a preference. Which is why both options should be available. Like I said low hanging fruit.

How has this not been implemented yet?

2 Likes

The same reason Wyze don’t fix bugs. They have no interest in making existing customers happy. Their business model relies on new business.

2 Likes

I would like to see the option to change from the 24 hour time display to the 12 hour display.
Since every other device I have ever owned has had this feature I really have no idea why it was never included in the Wyze cam software? Regardless of where a device is made it should always include the ability to change time in both formats.

I like having the 24 hr format since almost everywhere is using it now. I just wish they would get coordinated because even though I have the 24hr set, in playback it switches to 12hr format. Let me be able to change all time settings.

Every device I have used in my life and I am in my 60s has had the option to set a clock with both 12 and 24 hour time settings.
I have no idea what they do in other countries but here in the US clocks as far back as I can remember have always been set in 12 hour AM and PM settings.

Unless I was in the military, I see no reason to use a 24 hour setting. But I still think it should be an option for those people that have a use for it for whatever reason.

24hr format is used in many places you may not even realize. Besides the military, it is used in hospitals, police and fire departments, control systems that control your AC and heat in commercial buildings, space and satellite control, astronomical calculation, all computers and so on.

Meanwhile, I am not in the military and in hospitals the clocks on the walls in my country are all in 12 hour format, I don’t work at a fire department and my AC system does not use a programmable thermostat. I also don’t
care about what goes on in a commercial building since the what ever time format they use for their system has no affect on my life. Space control or astronomical calculations are also nothing that I concern myself with since I am not using them personally. As far as my computers are concerned they are also set on 12 hour time settings with AM or PM showing, as is my phone, my oven, my microwave, my TV, my iPad, my Laptop, and all of my clocks.

Man it’s been 5 years and this thread is still going…

1 Like

5 years later and no update. As far as unless companies go…

1 Like

I vote YUP!!!

1 Like

Happy Sunday! I searched most of the previous topics and really didn’t see anything to this. Or maybe I’m just blind!

I’m curious if we can request the ability to change the 24 hour time format when viewing our cameras to a 12 hour format. Most Camera manufacturers like Hikvision, Bosch, and DW Spectrum have this feature inside the UI and can easily be changed. Just wondering if this can be requested.

Thank you

Brian

1 Like

Is voting still open on this? Seems like an easy option to add

2 Likes

Yep, the voting button is on the upper left of the page

2 Likes

Thanks. Just voted. Didn’t realize this thread has been open for almost 5 years. Please add this option!

1 Like

Can we please have the 12/24 hour time option. if your not use to using military time , and your old like me it takes time to figure out what 2100 is. if i use it all the time across all my apps and pc and software i would get use to it. But it seem that wyze could figure out how to make this a choice for people… PLEASE !!!.

2 Likes