Thumbnails not showing up in the notifications

Has anyone elses thumbnails stopped showing up like mine? Is there a setting I missed when I last uninstalled and reinstalled the app to fix some bugs? I know its supposed to be there and hopefully coming to wear os in the near future as well. Talk at me peeps lol

Which app version do you have? A beta one? I have 2.4 which still shows up images in the events tab.

Are you talking about the new v2.4 notification thumbs, or the old event thumbs? Or maybe the cam previews?

I have all of them, but the events thumbs have been spotty lately.

Are you on Android or Apple?

Im talking about Android Beta Version 2.4.80 For some reason its not showing the thumbs.

Events tab yes. Notifications on android did and now no.

1 Like

Apparently they are spotty. Cause just received a new notification at the door and the dang thumb is there. Maybe it when there are too many notifications it doesnt show. Who knows.

My event alerts all show up except for the smart video alerts from the motion sensor and contact sensor. Those are not consistent but I’m not using the beta app so it could be a bug.

Using beta app and smart video alerts from the motion sensor and contact sensor are not consistent. Either no video or a thumb without any activity. Activity is there on playback.

I have to ask whats a Maven?

In short… Someone that tries to help answer questions and such…a wyze fanatic maybe?

3 Likes

Welp answering questions. I try my best to. Wonder how I can shoot to become one… lol @UserCustomerGwen any ideas… lol

1 Like

I am on 2.4.80 and seems lately the thumb nails in notifications is now gone.

@Urbnized, if you’re serious about wanting to join, I’m happy to keep you in mind! We WILL put you to work, though!

We think we may be on the right track for figuring this out. Could you please try temporarily keeping your app on in the background to see what happens with your notification thumbnails?

1 Like

App v2.4.93
Kinda the same problem here but not with event thumbnails, with the thumbnails on the home screen, and only on the v2 cameras. My v1 still updates the thumbnail after I view the camera live.
v2 cam firmware at 4.9.4.108

I’m having this problem now with a Galaxy S10 Plus. Its not even Beta software, just the regular version. Does anyone know how to fix it? It has worked before. Thanks in advance.

I would clear the cache. it might be reading from the wrong directory.

Thank you kindly :blush: Trying this right now. Fingers crossed :crossed_fingers:.

1 Like

Unfortunately that didn’t work :confused:. Thank you for reaching out to me. Greatly appreciated.

1 Like

this will be a stretch and somewhat a pain, but maybe uninstall and reinstall the app. for some reason ( I haven’t had those issues yet to try it ) some people find small things like this seem to fix themselves after a uninstall and reinstall of the app.

1 Like

Thank you, once again! On my way to give it a try. Can’t hurt anything, right? :laughing: Thanks again for your help. :pray:

1 Like