Thumbnails not showing up in the notifications

Unfortunately it also didn’t work out. I also noticed that im no longer get playback, the error message is back. :cold_sweat::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::cold_sweat: Went to look at recorded footage and it was all gone! Happens all.the time now.
Thanks for.your help. Might be time.to buy Eufy.

hmmmm thats really odd. when you say recorded footage, do you mean sd card or events? none of those should be gone either way.

let me tag some friends of mine, they might have had more experience with this particular issue than I have and know a trick.

hey there @Mavens…any thoughts on the thumbnails/ things disappearing? any know of any possible maintenance going on?

Thank you once again. Yes, all footage from my SD card has been erased, happens all the time but usually only when app updates. I should have transferred it yesterday but got busy with something else.
I have seen the thumbnail images on S10 so I know its possible. Even will get the odd one still.
I also have an issue with iPad thumbnail, as its always too big and only shows a corner of the picture. So frustrating.

No, not that I know of. If there’s any it shouldn’t affect it.

1 Like

I am trying to wrap my head around just this. The footage on your cameras sd card gets erased when you update the app on your phone? You are talking about the SD card on a Wyze cam right?Not on your phone? The term “playback” in the Wyze-world is playing back sd card footage from a cam in app. What type of camera or cameras do you have this issue with?

2 Likes

Yes, exactly :100:. The content on my SD card gets erased, says that there is no data and shows blank status on playback. Happens every app update so I know to transfer data to laptop before allowing updaye but something went extra wrong today. :laughing:

thats really really weird. I thought I was understanding you correctly. as @Omgitstony said, this should not be happening.

being the card nerd in these parts can I ask what SD cards you are using?

I would definitely send in some logs in and if/when you do post the ticket numbers here and we can see about getting them forwarded up the chain.

1 Like

Which Wyze camera does this happen with? Does it happen to more than one? Do you have more than one camera? And as @Bam said, what type and size of card is in the camera? Also, what firmware version is on the camera and what app version are you on with your phone now? I agree with submitting logs and tickets as this if I am understanding it correctly, is very abnormal

1 Like

Thanks for your reply. I’m using San disc 32 gigs and yes it happens to all cameras, which would be Pan Cam and V2 cam. I did use 64gig card’s and had zero issues but changed on the advice of Wyze…

Thanks for your reply.
I’m using San disc 32 gigs and yes it happens to all cameras, which would be Pan Cam and V2 cam. I did use 64gig card’s and had zero issues but changed on the advice of Wyze.

This is really weird almost sounds like a virus or something. :grimacing: