This is going to be my last Wyze purchase EVER! MODS READ PLZS!

Welcome to the community.

To be clear, this forum is primarily for user to user discussion. Wyze does have a presence here sometimes, but it is definitely not intended to be an alternative to support. Even the mods (whom you asked to read this) are actually just volunteers, not Wyze employees.

What you are experiencing would be frustrating. It sounds like the main problem is the infrastructure where you live. I would be talking to someone local about that.

FYI, the Wyze bulbs resetting with multiple power flicks on and off is not a Wyze-specific thing. This is actually an industry standard for resetting smart bulbs (unless they have a reset button on them). Though different companies use different numbers of power flicks and some have time delay requirements. Regardless, since it is pretty standard to have multiple flicks force a reset on smart bulbs, I would be really surprised if Wyze ever changed that with any of the currently existing bulbs. They may change future models though.

For now, about the only option for convincing them to change this is to join the conversation about it in the Wishlist thread here:

That Wishlist has currently received a status update from Wyze of “Maybe Later”
Toward the bottom of this post is a description of what the different Wyze statuses mean:

Basically, there is almost no chance they will make any changes this year, since they said they are devoting all their resources to “the Year of the Camera.” If it gets enough other people to show that it is important to the majority of their users with votes and activity in that wishlist item to indicate it deserves a higher priority than other things, they would be more likely to consider or implement a change, but so far, not very many people have voted for it or joined in the discussion. At time of this writing, Nobody has even commented in there for over 2 years. This is part of the reason why other things have had priority.

As for Customer service, you can also talk to them by phone or by email. I prefer the email method because then I can send a message and not have wait on hold for them to look things up or talk to a supervisor or whatever. I can do the whole thing in cracks of time when it is convenient for ME, instead of waiting on their timeline. Email support is awesome IMO. I highly recommend it. But you can always call during their business hours if you prefer the phone over chat and email.

Regardless, if you want others to join in to support having Wyze change how the bulbs are paired, you should be doing so in that wishlist thread I linked to. The VP of Product told us in an AMA that Wyze does have employees reviewing the wishlist every week, even if they don’t always reply. Other posts may not always been seen by Wyze employees since the forum is specifically a user to user platform, not an employee contact area.

I hope you vote for it and post a message of support in the wishlist. Maybe you’ll bring that request back to life.

3 Likes