This Forum Doesn't Suffer Fools Gladly

:laughing: What a great compliment! Thanks!

Shall we all meet for a tech boy snuggle cuddle later on? :people_hugging:

:face_vomiting::face_vomiting::face_vomiting::face_vomiting::face_vomiting::face_vomiting: Eeeewwww!:face_vomiting::face_vomiting::face_vomiting::face_vomiting::face_vomiting::face_vomiting:

Classic Projection I now deduce. :mag::man_detective:

3 Likes

:man_shrugging: :woman_shrugging: :person_shrugging:  Cast a wide net, I always say…

:joy:

2 Likes

Pointcast was cool too.

Before Sheryl Sandberg was Kim Polese

Mature Content

Future so bright
turned my cap & gown white
and my ass into a golden tassle.

Q Why are tech ‘visionaries’ so crazy?
A They all dream of casting a wide net over humanity.

Q Did humanity ask for their HELP?
A No, not really.

Q What would humanity do without a big net thrown over them.
A Live freely.

If you’re willing, I would be interested to hear your assessment of @carverofchoice 's comment upstream. Strengths, weaknesses, impact upon your various brainal regions, etc.

For those unfamiliar, Carver is a forum pal I respect. We have different perspectives and approaches which makes the friendship lively, interesting and fun.

He is quite ‘game.’ :+1:

And he and @Customer are fast forum friends.

Fast as in ‘secure, faithful, lasting.’ ‘Tight.’ But not this close. :people_hugging:

Monsieur? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Conjugation

To be like

-I’m like
-You’re like
-He/She/It’s like
-We’re like
-They’re like

Used often with the conjunction ‘and then’.
And accompanied by ‘to be all’.

I’m like, ‘What the heck, pilgrim, you stepped on my toe.’
And then he’s like, ‘Toe? What toe? I thought that was a seed pod from the tree.’
And then we’re like, ‘No pilgrim, that was a toe!’
And then they’re like, ‘Well, sorry there, fellas, it was an honest mistake.’
And then some rando is all, ‘Come on folks, can’t we just get along?’
And we’re like, ‘Puh-leeze, Karen. Talk to the hand.’

I’m like: “So, like OMG! Like which one of these character actors in Peep’s docusaga do you like emotionally self-identify as?” (In my thickest 80’s Valspeak tone possible).

1 Like

AI Carver has narrowed me down to one of three guidable member types. Ask him. :wink:

1 Like

I object! I would never consider limiting you to being only one type of gullible. :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

We may need to call Miss Direction to the stand. :no_mouth:

Carver unplugged. Or unleashed. Or full-strength. Or… :wink:

1 Like

lol did your original post say gullible or did it always say guidable? I swear I honestly read it as saying gullible member types, but now I see it says you edited it and I’m reading “guidable”

Maybe I just read what I wanted to the first time around.

2 Likes

Always guidable. But keep your hands in plain view. :smile_cat:

I misread @SlabSlayer 's Valspeak question to be directed at me, so we’re even… :slight_smile:

Oh my bad then…you’re about as guidable as a clowder of kittens. :joy_cat: Entertaining, but often flighty and random… :slight_smile:

And adorable! :cat:

1 Like

:wink: Nope. Just an open ended invitation for anyone out there who needs to relate for some cathartic purpose… “like he really gets me.:smiling_face_with_three_hearts::hugs:

1 Like

Clowder, I am reaaaalllllllyyyy old and I’ve never head that word. Excellent, thanks! :laughing:

Yes! The best! :grin:

1 Like

Young at heart though. For some reason, I’ve always wanted to think of you as like a Puck

mischievous, quick-witted sprite …deliberate pranks on the human characters …capricious spirit, magical fancy, fun-loving humor, and lovely, evocative language … graceful but not so saccharine as the other fairies…jester, he is given to a certain coarseness…for the sake of enjoyment. He is good-hearted …capable of …tricks.

Maybe not a perfect character representation for you, but it was one of my earliest impressions of you. :slight_smile: Quick-witted, smart, fun-loving, mischievous, jester, good-hearted, etc. Kind of a kid at heart that loves old school stuff.

(nothin but love buddy)

2 Likes

I like it, no flaws at all, it IS me! :joy:

I am CONVERTED, social scientist. More therapy please! :grin:

1 Like

To be fair I did edit the above to fit my first impression of you as much as possible. There may be some [not included] Puck Characteristics that aren’t a perfect fit, but the above quotes are what came to mind when I first encountered you…like immediately. :rofl: I didn’t even need multiple posts to get a better feel for you, it was basically immediate and I haven’t seen anything to prove my instinct wrong yet! :laughing:

1 Like

What we need now for balance are people who really don’t like us.

Hmmm

At times like this I think of the way Neil Young and Joni Mitchell have changed. What happened? I look at clouds like an old man now… :roll_eyes:

Although Neil’s line ‘It doesn’t mean that much to me to mean that much to you’ is stellar.

Old man. I’m a lot like you.

This is just open air musing, not directed at anyone, an open ended invitation to myself… :slight_smile:

How about… us?   :slight_smile:

Same here. This will undoubtedly come in handy for word puzzles. (NYT Spelling Bee is good, though arbitrary and capricious in what it leaves out.)

1 Like