This camera is Garbage

Hey, TomG. I made that same offer several days ago. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

The problem with having a HUB is that you are back to a single point of contact… and then bulbs or cameras or whatever are not communicating effectively because of distance, walls, etc…

Then we are back to everyone whining about the cameras not connecting or being on-line… meanwhile… IT"S ALWAYS THE NETWORK.

Mesh Wi-Fi solved all my issues in my house. Proper coverage, proper bandwidth and not just up/down speeds, but cache on the router, amount of total devices it can handle, WiFi 6.

A central hub is an old idea. There is a reason to get away from it.

4 Likes

The Hubitat hub works great through the walls and floors of my home. Again, I can cut the coax from the pole and sit in my living room and turn all the lights off and on, lock and unlock the front door, be alerted when there is a water leak which will shut the water off, and anything else Hubitat controls.

Regarding your opinion “ A central hub is an old idea. There is a reason to get away from it.”. That is the #1 selling point of the Hubitat hub.

https://hubitat.com/pages/home-automation-features

I second your comment, We (Wyze) need(s) a Hubitat style hub, period.

1 Like

I agree, they suck. Bought 2 of them not 2 years ago, the first one went offline indefinitely less than a year after I bought it. Didn’t try to connect it anymore because I moved, so I was not going to use it anymore, Then about 4 months ago I tried connecting them again and only 1 worked, the other just has the red light on. It will not connect. Contacted customer support and they said “sorry your warranty expired”, so this cheap things only last a year??? That’s very disappointing. And the one that works says “Deviec is offline (error code 90)”, so both are dead. :(. Don’t recommend this brand.

Did they find which garbage bins have the cams?

For that, you need a cam, and hope there’s no service outage nor a recent firmware update. :smile:

No, so I purchased a new V3 for them and installed it yesterday. :rofl:

I can’t disagree with this idea. It seems interesting. Unfortunately, it means you have 2 “mesh hub networks”. Because, if you don’t buy more than 1 of these devices, you will NOT have proper coverage in your house. I have a 1600 Sq Ft house, which is laid out centrally (My First Mesh Router is centrally located) but no router is strong enough to broadcast reliably to the edges. Most notably, the smart bulbs on the front of my garage. Putting in Mesh WiFi solved this.

So I would have to buy $380 worth of Mesh-Wifi and $380 worth of Hubitat. This solves the local solution issue but comes at 2x the cost and needing to have a spot for the extended Hubitat AND extended Mesh Wifi to exist side by side.