Thermostat randomly disconnecting from 2G wifi network on a weekly/monthly basis forcing factory reset each time

I’ve had a Wyze thermostat for at least 2 years now. Recently, I’ve found that it will refuse to stay connected to my 2G wifi network, prompting me to do a factory reset each time it disconnects, since only restarting does not solve the problem. There doesn’t appear to be any reason why it’s disconnecting, as my other Wyze devices are connected to the same 2G network without any trouble. From the home screen in the app, the cloud symbol with a line strike though will occur every few days/weeks. When tapping the thermostat icon, the screen reads “Device offline Check your network connection” despite my cams being within feet of the thermostat and are working perfectly, making me believe it is the thermostat, not my wifi. Is there a way to reconnect to a wifi network without doing the whole factory reset each time? It’s becoming time consuming to the point where I’m considering just switching to a nest device. [See images attached]

[Mod Edit]: Link to images source replaced with direct screenshots as link to source contains graphics that are not in keeping with the family friendly nature of our forum.

Powering it on and off again should cause it to come back online without the need to factory reset. I built a home assistant routine to do just that, with a wifi relay in my case, but I can understand how you might want to switch to a different device if it is making you factory reset every time.

1 Like

Awesome, I’ll try that next time I find it disconnecting from the network again. Thanks for your help!

1 Like

Can you advise on how to build a home assistant routine?
I have had this same issue for years and WYZE has done nothing to fix it.

alias: Toggle power to thermostat when offline
description: ""
trigger:
  - platform: state
    entity_id:
      - your_thermostat
    for:
      hours: 0
      minutes: 0
      seconds: 0
    to: unavailable
condition: []
action:
  - delay:
      seconds: 45
      milliseconds: 0
  - alias: Toggle C wire relay open
    service: switch.turn_on
    data: {}
    target:
      entity_id: switch.therm_reset_switch_1
  - delay:
      seconds: 30
  - alias: Toggle C wire relay closed
    service: switch.turn_off
    data: {}
    target:
      entity_id: switch.therm_reset_switch_1
  - delay:
      minutes: 5
      seconds: 0
mode: single

There’s a wifi relay “switch.therm_reset_switch_1” with the normally closed contact and com interrupting my C wire to my thermostat.

1 Like