The Future of Wyze is Coming Part 1

I found the future of wyze

4 Likes

Where did you find this picture? :grinning: Looks like a screenshot from YouTube.

A video they posted like back in January. It’s at about 5 mins in.

1 Like

I don’t have to tell my friends and family very much, I just show them my camera system and they’re hooked. Some who could not afford a security system at all can afford your products. Sells itself after exposure to the results.

5 Likes

Any chance for an outdoor battery powered camera?

1 Like

Welcome to the community, @mac. A quick SEARCH of the forum yielded these. :slight_smile:
Outdoor/Weatherproof Wyze Cam
Battery Operated Wyze Cam - #12 by NetRanger

4 Likes

I know (I remember your explanation) of why the Wyze storage device product development had to end. BUT, please don’t give up on it. Please don’t stop working on that solution. I really want to have local storage options for Wyze videos. Please. And Please keep us informed.

7 Likes

I will share your feedback with the team. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Please do keep us informed. Been waiting for this NAS since I first heard of it. :grinning:

1 Like

What is a good alarm to do this with; any suggestions?

Better yet (for me) easy integration with QNAP Nas boxes. Allow recording straight to the NAS.

1 Like

Congratulations! You are truly an inspirational company. I wouldn’t be at all surprised to learn one day that your successes are studied in many business schools!

1 Like

Got some bad news for you buddy. I dont even think they have even come out with a solid release date yet.

Thanks Wyze guys (and gals)! Your products are fantastic. Wish I lived closer to your company because it is a business I would love to work at!

2 Likes

1 Like

I love your products ,if you are moving to door viewers similar to ring products try putting the viewer camera on the inside of door ,because of the ring design on the out side of door are being tampered with and stolen in my area

2 Likes

So, in light of the recent breach, some of this funding will go toward security measure right? Like SOX compliance or … any kind of external auditing…

SOX is short for the Sarbanes–Oxley Act. And has zero to do with security of consumer data. It was a law enacted back in 2002 following the Enron scandal to make it tougher for public and some private companies to “cook the books” and added penalties for corporate officials “C-Suite” caught lying about the financial state of their companies.

But I think your meaning is correct, and Wyze will indeed spend some time and attention to data security as a whole, including app and operations.

Yeah, you’re right, that was a terrible example (just so happens I’m in IT and we’re tightening up DB permissions etc for SOX cert, so it was the first thing I thought of).

But yeah, the point I was thinking of was that this breach shouldn’t have happened and a standard suite of audits may well have prevented it. I seem comments that they’re doing that now, which is reassuring.

I guess I just mean to say that as nice as it is to have investment in products and company growth, this seems like a good opportunity to put some resources toward tightening things up. Personally, getting Wyze to work with Apple’s Homekit stuff would be delightful and, if I recall correctly (big if) available resources was the major roadblock to that.

1 Like