The Best Sound in the World: Wyze Cordless Vacuum Preorder - 6/1/21

Thanks.

Is the foldable extension tube made from same material as the basic extension tube? Does the flexible tube support/provide power to the motorized brush at the end?

The length of foldable tube is the same with the standard, around 27 inch. The standard one is long enough. The foldable one is for very low areas.

4 Likes

Yes it is the same type of material plus one small section of flexible tube in the middle (there is a button to make it foldable or lock the folding). It can act as the standard straight tube as well.

4 Likes

Raym64, I have a dyson v7, an older model and this is the greatest thing since sliced bread. (Well unless you can’t handle gluten) It is so easy to grab and clean. I will never go back to a corded vac. I have a canaster sears one that is a horse, and I kept it as sometimes you might need it for a heavy job where there are large chunks to pick up. OMG what a pleasure and for a quick cleanup where you tracked in some dirt, just grab it and vacuum the spot and put it back. No looking for plugs, winding and unwinding cords. This also replaces your broom and dustpan. Great for cleaning the kitchen floor after a meal, And great for going almost anywhere with you and again, with no cord. But I guess you want to know if it is as good as a corded one… For me, yes. I may have pulled out my Sears two times in the past two years. I am retired and live with my wife so the dirt level in the house is minimal. So it works great for us. If this is as good as my Dyson, the price point is out of this world.

4 Likes

Thanks. What is the charging port type (USB-C, microUSB, etc.,) ?

I have the same vac. I tried to compare specs to see if I should get one for downstairs, but honestly I like how if needed I can replace any part on my current one with oem or generic. Even the filters, I bought a 5 pack for about $10. That aside, if this works as good then it is a steal. I will wait though for some reviews/comparisons.

I don’t need a new vacuum, but my current vacuum is more than 10 years old and it has a cord. I’ve looked at other cordless vacuums and the pricing on them seems to be high for something that just replaces something I already have. But I’m a sucker for a sale and Wyze pre-orders do that for me. I’m in for one.

This is great,

Do we have a noise level listed? Perhaps in comparison with the handheld one (I find it quite noisy) also perhaps compare with the Dysons?

You do list the suction power, can we also compare with the Dyson ones? (I am not finding the numbers on them)

Awesome vacuum! I’ll check into it and might order me one :slight_smile:

How easy is it to pop out the brush for cleaning? I have a couple of older Dyson’s and they’re great for head disassembly. I picked up a Ryobi stick vacuum (to use the hundreds of Ryobi 18v batteries I have for tools) and it’s near useless - I have to strip it with a screwdriver and carefully reassemble after cleaning – makes it worthless.
Ease of cleaning is v. important.

Will there be any additional attachments for this? Like the one for the car? Has anyone tested this in the car? My current cordless vacuums are really bad for picking up sand and debre from the car carpets. Especial in the trunk. I end up using the craves tool which takes forever. Any input on car cleaning would be appreciated.

Aren’t these numbers in reverse order?

1 Like

Never mind, it is just that you cannot read them in line left to right rather in 2 separate columns

The volume is about <80 dBA in Turbo Mode, the strongest mode.

AC Charging

Give it time, there will be generic parts for this vac. I was able to get mounts and the such for Wyze cameras when the camera first came out. But to be honest, I have not purchased anything for the Dyson, as that little round cone filter can be washed in the sink. There is that other one in the end, but I just vacuum it out with my shop vack.

Ugh, no bags at all. I seriously question this thespian mother’s dedication to household hygiene.

5 Likes

I had to look at that twice myself :smiley:

The 50 minute battery sounded very enticing in the sales bullet points and video, but I don’t think it was mentioned that was only in echo low power mode in either of those.

I was seriously thinking about ordering this, but I think based on those numbers I’ll have to pass. It would take us at least the 10 minutes if not more on the carpets without the hard floors and that’s where I would want the high power. I would also suspect that those numbers are under ideal conditions and would also drop off as the battery begins to age after a few months of daily use. I think for us we’re better off sticking with a regular corded vacuum.

Too bad, I liked the idea of cordless.

1 Like

where did the optional accessories go? Earlier today after adding to cart, it suggested an optional mini motorized brush tool, and foldable vacuum tool. Now they don’t show up. Those items are listed on the shop page, but display “whoops, our bad” on their product pages. Are they already out of stock with less than 10K preordered?

@UserCustomerGwen any info regarding these accessories? I see they’ve now been removed from the shop page all together.

@Chuan the weight comparison numbers don’t seem correct. 2.8 lbs vs 5.4 lbs for the leading cordless vacuum. It seems like you’re not comparing apples to apples.

Wyze unit is 2.8 lbs.
Wyze assembled unit (main unit+standard tube+floor brush) is 4.9 lbs.

I have Dyson V7 animal for comparison.
Dyson V7 unit is around 3.3 lbs.
Dyson V7 assembled unit (main unit+tube + brush is 5.2 lbs.

5.4 lbs for the leading cordless vacuum sounds like the unit+tube+brush so it seems like you should be comparing 4.9 lbs to 5.4 lbs instead. You might be Dyson V10 numbers as a comparison instead but I don’t think they would change that much. Wyze would still have a slight advantage on weight but not as much as advertised.