Thank you Wyze for helping me visit my son remotely

I don’t know where people are allowed or encouraged to share positive feedback but I have a child who lives overseas whoo I have not seen since travel has been restricted. We meet on the phone but it has been difficult to find a suitable webcam for my PC/Mac. While others companies (like Canon) have patched some of their cameras to do this I have not been able to convert anything I own into an effective webcam for our video visits despite having a several cameras and older phones. I was out of options until I noticed Wyze released the firmware patch for the V2 which converts it into a webcam. Lots of companies do small gestures to signal virtue that cost little just pandering to public scrutiny. Wyze seems to be cut from a far bettercloth as this is a meaningful, functional solution for me that I was able to set up relatively quickly. It was a little vague about the way the update is verified with a blue/yellow light but once I connected it to my PC it worked immediately and now I have a way to do meetings from home in a way that works (and looks) great. I just think Wyze deserves some creit for doing this and bucking the “profit above everything” ethos pervasive in most tech companies now.

8 Likes

Hello @lightzout and welcome to the community.

I am glad you were able to spend time with your child even with restrictions in place. I will see if I can get your kind words passed up to someone at Wyze.

3 Likes

Thank you so much for sharing this story! This is exactly why we do what we do and your post means a great deal to us. I’ll be sharing it within the company. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes