Tablet

What kind of tablet, you get the monitor, wyze camera.

Echo dot doesn’t cut it anymore. Buffer!

I have one of them. (No buffer)

Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1 64 GB Wifi Tablet $220

I was thinking about buying another tablet. 8 inch screen,

maybe 10 inch screen. 2020-01-17T05:00:00Z

You guys you got the price, make and model.

Let’s get that list started…

1 Like

I have a Galaxy Tab A 8" mounted to the kitchen wall that monitors my outside camera stream 24/7. I also have a very old HP touchpad that I installed android on and it also monitors 24/7 and is mounted to the living room wall. That one has the old app with hardware acceleration to avoid lag. I think I paid $60 on eBay for the Galaxy Tab A

Just get a firestick, add the free version of Tinycam (or paid across all your android devices for $3.99) and plug it into a monitor. Depending on the amount of movement, it can handle displaying 4 cams (only have 4 here), and can do pan and tilt from the remote (which is cool). Just no Wyze events , playback, or zooms (at least I haven’t figured out how to do it yet).

btw, The paid version adds some cool features, but they work the fire stick pretty hard, and it tends to crash back into the Amazon home screen. But maybe some heatsinks could fix that. Plus I’m using the bottom of the line version, not the 4k or the cube.

1 Like

Which version of Android is on it?

1 Like

Are you asking me?
If so, my two Galaxy Tab A tablets have Android 7.something. The 10" HP Touchpad tablet which originally shipped with WebOS, not android has had all sorts of custom ROMs on it since I bought it over 8 years ago but is currently running Android 8.1 which I got from XDA Developers website. Unbelievably, that HP Touchpad is still going strong, but for years now it’s been wall mounted as a camera display and always plugged in, so I don’t know how well the battery works.

The Amazon Fire tablets are probably the cheapest options. 7", 8" and 10".

1 Like

Thanks wanted to know because I have a 10.2 Tab tablet but it’s stuck at Android 4.x.x. Can’t even get the Amazon Cloud Cam app to run without it crashing.

Wyze won’t install without updating to a more recent version of Android.

Moderator Note: Personal information has been manually removed from this post. Such information often gets included inadvertently in an email signature block when replying by email. The forum software attempts to automatically remove email signatures but it is not always successful. When replying to the forum by email, it is best to remove the signature block yourself before sending.

:+1:t5:

Moderator Note: Personal information has been manually removed from this post. Such information often gets included inadvertently in an email signature block when replying by email. The forum software attempts to automatically remove email signatures but it is not always successful. When replying to the forum by email, it is best to remove the signature block yourself before sending.

Maybe try an older version of the app from here. Or better yet, if just for viewing, try Tinycam (free version)

Or go iPad. Lol

Refurb! Sometimes under $100 for a 10". I’ve got one.
But they are NOT SUPPORTED and don’t run recent Android. And the way Wyze does stuff i may be left hanging.
Get at least 32GB.

They may not be officially supported, but they run the Wyze app just fine once a person installs support for the Google Play store. That takes just changing one setting and downloading and installing 4 APK files. I have the Google Play store and Wyze app on both a 8th gen Fire HD 8 and 9th gen Fire 7 I have. (Both run Fire OS 6, which is based on Android 7.1).

The current HD 10 also runs Fire OS 7, which is based on Android 9.

1 Like

What 4 APK files.

I’m seriously considering the Fire. On the Tab 2 with 4.1.2, Tinycam monitor free version wouldn’t see any WyzeCams.

The version for another Samsung tablet did but the cams didn’t show any video. Used username and password, changed the channel for each camera. Still no video.

I’m willing to try a Fire if it’s fairly easy to set up.

Sounds like some sort of driver or codec issue on the Samsung, cause I’ve got a crappy old “Maxwell” 7" (Astro Phablet 7s on Android 7.0) tablet with only 4GB here running Tinycam and the video works fine.

Don’t know :roll_eyes:

Was going to sell it anyway so still looking at the Fire.

I also reset to factory last week, disabled some Samsung installed apps and only have 4 apps installed (Gmail, YT, Google Play Store and Wyze).

These are instructions I’ve used with no problems:
https://www.androidpolice.com/2019/12/26/install-play-store-amazon-fire-tablet/

Warning - new Fire 10’s on sale for $99
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07K1RZ…uage=en_US

1 Like

Thanks

Ended up buying one due to be delivered today.

Can’t wait to see if Wyze will work on it. As well Eufy and Amazon Cloud Cam.

1 Like

Can’t find tinycam on fire stick 4K.

1 Like