Switch Firmware 1.2.16 -> 1.2.23

Hello,

I have installed a switch (bought at HomeDepot) yesterday.

This has the firmware 1.2.16. In the app (iPhone) is offered with the update to firmware 1.2.23. The update starts, the switch flashes as intended. At some point the fun is over, no update to 1.2.23 performed. The Wifi connection is according to the app 3 bars.

What goes wrong here?

Thanks.

Sometimes the update completes and the refresh doesn’t occur in the app. Try backing out of the app completely, restart the app and check your switch firmware version to see if the update actually completed successfully.

2 Likes

Thanks for the hint.

But it did not bring anything.
And also after a reset of the switch there is no update to the new firmware.

I don’t think it’s my network. All other Wyze devices (doorbell, cameras) update without problems. The bandwidth is fine. The doorbell is less than 2 yards away from the new switch and works perfectly on the network.

Hello,

Solution found.

The switch cannot be connected to a WIFI network where the SSID for 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz have the same name when updating from version 1.2.16 to 1.2.23.

The same SSID is standard nowadays. I don’t know why the switch can’t handle this, it only sees the 2.4 GHz network and works with it.

Anyway.
The switch was connected to an old WIFI AP that can only do 2.4 GHz and within a few seconds the update was done.

1 Like