Suggestion - USB Power Adapter that that comes off top or bottom

The way the USB power adapter is constructed it is fairly large and come off of the back of the power adapter. Add the cable on and it near impossible to put behind a piece of furniture that is up against the wall. IMHO, Having the USB come off the bottom or top make more sense.

I agree. I would be nice if the prongs came off the adapter 90 degrees to how they currently are.

A flush mounted model would be nice…but, it would add to the cost, since the current ones are about as generic as you can get.

This would be a huge improvement in my opinion. The power supply it comes with is obnoxious!!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07CKR8MY3/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

This worked great for me.

Not perfect, but for $1.47 you can get a Walmart extension cord. They also make swivel extenders that have three outlets.

Those are great ideas to get around the issue. Thanks

Even better: Allow third-party power sources to connect, using standard cables.

1 Like

Any power brick that puts out 2A should work perfectly. Your phone charger power brick should work fine. They might of use the one they sell cause it might be cheaper. I voted for this because it would be an opportunity for Wyze to make profit for those willing to pay extra for what they already have laying around at home.

would like to suggest that the power supply be made in an “L” configuration so that it is closer to the wall when in use. It would help alot when it has to be plugged in behind something else

my 2 cents
thanks
mrmopar64

The power adapter sticks a fair bit out of the wall socket. Makes it difficult to put behind furniture.

Suggestion: make the power prongs have the ability to flip up or down. Orientation can be better selected.

Need to produce power plugs that are L-shaped so that USB plug doesn’t stick out so far, especially when trying to plug it in outside with an exterior cover. The way it sticks out now creates stress on USB plug.

Can anyone tell me if this type of solution will work to replace the power adapter that comes with the V3 cams currently? The USB ports put out 2.1A for charging…Obviously, I just need it to power the camera…This would be perfect, and I can buy them directly from SnapPower…

I think I found my own answer…WyzeCam V3 uses a 1A power draw…The SnapPower provides 2.1A shared across the two USB ports…I will only need one of the USB ports…so I’ll get the full 2.1A draw…and even if the other one gets used, I’ll still get 1A of power from one port…So I will be fine…