Suddenly can't connect remotely (error code: -33)

Been using Wyze cams for a couple weeks now, no problems. Today, I can’t access the cams remotely. I’m getting (error code: -33) which I can’t find anything on. I’ve tried cellular data, office WiFi, and my cable companies WiFi (which is a weak signal in the office). It was working fine yesterday and I’ve made no changes to anything.

Edit: now the app won’t load. I’ve force stopped it, cleared the cache, changed data channels (cellular to WiFi), restarted phone. Seems more and more like an authentication server issue.

Try this… from the (failed) live stream view, tap the gear icon, then Restart Device. Wait a couple minutes and see if that restores operation. Let us know.

Nope. no good. Sent the reset signal and nothing changed. Every-so-often I’ll get an error code: -41

Here’s the connectivity troubleshooting guide:

https://support.wyzecam.com/hc/en-us/articles/360012903431-Connectivity-issues

If that doesn’t solve it, keep in mind that this is primarily a user-to-user forum. If you don’t get help here from the community, file a support ticket, preferably from within the app while the bad camera is selected. That will ensure that the logs are captured. You might want to submit the ticket right away because there’s somewhat of a backlog. You can always let them know it’s already resolved when they contact you.

Thanks. I already submitted a ticket and did some research into past problems documented online. Lots of avenues to explore. Considering that everything worked yesterday, no changes were made on my part since then, I figured the issue would be on the server end. If I’m the only one having the issue, then I guess it’s on my end.

Thanks for your help and quick replies.

Interesting thing just happened. I got a motion event and can view the video, but I can’t connect directly to the camera. So the camera is definitely working, connected, and able to upload, but I can’t connect to it, or the other cameras in my house.

I am having the same exact issue after installing a 32 GB sd card from WYZE. Did you ever find a solution? I have also submitted a log and request from the app.

https://forums.wyze.com/t/connectivity-trouble-1-17-19/15539/2

2 Likes