Stream Camera to TV?

I have a friend that lives in a basement and want to setup a camera to monitor the weather/blue sky on his TV from another room in his house.

Anyone have any ideas on the best / easiest way to do this?

1 Like

The Alexa integration of the Wyze Cams will allow for cams to be streamed to a Fire TV or a TV with a Fire TV Stick plugged into the HDMI. The Wyze Skill must be installed and enabled within the Alexa App. The Amazon OS already has the resident ability to stream the cams.

I also stream my Wyze Cams to my TV on my Chromecast HDMI device. For this I installed the TinyCam Monitor Android App from the Play Store. If you have an Android TV, the app should run.

The Chromecast Google Voice Assistant button also allows for the launching of individual cam streams on the TV. This requires the linking of your Wyze account to enable the skill in Google Home.

I have not yet been successful in finding a way for my Roku HDMI device to stream my cams.

“The Alexa integration of the Wyze Cams will allow for cams to be streamed to a Fire TV or a TV with a Fire TV Stick plugged into the HDMI. The Wyze Skill must be installed and enabled within the Alexa App. The Amazon OS already has the resident ability to stream the cams.”

You can confirm this? After installing the Wyze skill and enabling it, I searched for, and found my two Wyze Cameras. However, when it get’s to where it ask where to view said cameras, my only option is our Echo Show 5. My FireTV (HDMI Firesticks) are greyed out and marked “Not available.”

I have a Wyze V2 Doorbell Cam inbound and I am hopeful this issue will not be around when it arrives, as it’s one of the reasons I purchased the device.

My fear is that either Amazon is playing proprietary games or that Wyze is not telling us something. I guess I will find out!

I stream my cams on my FireTV Stick on a regular basis. But those are initiated on the FireTV.

The only routine I use to push a stream to the Fire TV Stick is when the VDBv1 doorbell is pressed. But, the TV has to already be on and on the HDMI for the FireTV Stick.

As for the ability of the VDBv2 to trigger Alexa on a doorbell press, I don’t know if that ability has been integrated yet. I didn’t buy the VDBv2 for multiple reasons.

If you have any old tablet that’s HDMI compatible with the Accessory, log in to App and stream live view that way