Viewing cameras on smart tv

Is it possible to view the cameras on a smart TV. Cant download the app to it because it says it cant be found. Any suggestions?

3 Likes

There currently is no app for a TV

How about trying a Amazon Alexa device such as a fire tv stick and enabling the Alexa skill.

I think some have tried that and had success

Also Chromecast (built in on some TV’s) works, works internationally as well unlike Alexa

Is the Wyze app Chromecast compatible?

Add wyze to Google home then just say “ok Google show garage on TV” etc
Works on my Sony TV & Google home hub (just say “ok Google show living room” as you don’t need to tell it which location)

But if you just have a Chromecast dongle and the Wyze app, does Wyze allow you to transmit the screen to the widget? My dongle isn’t immediately available, lol.

I don’t think it does but 1 more app (Google home) and it’ll work

This is really great info!

I know I can using tinycam pro on my firetv and fire stick.

1 Like

I have both a smart TV (Fire TV) and a Fire TV Stick, and for both asking Alexa to “show garage cam” works. I’ve found it times out the live feed after about 5 minutes. I assume this is by design.

When we got our first cam, we took advantage of the short delay and let our grandson watch himself on TV walk into the living room. He thought it was hilarious to do something and then seen it on the screen a few seconds later.

1 Like

I wish wyze would develop a Roku channel that would take over my TV to show the doorbell if someone pushing the button.

1 Like

Get a Firestick from Amazon, and then install the Wyze application. Works fine here. I can see every camera, and leave them up for a few minutes if I want. I believe Wyze has a 10 minute time limit on viewing.

1 Like

Like others, I’ve used the FireTV, Echo devices to view cams. This works well for me because I still have Arlo cams and doorbell (will eventually transition to all Wyze) and using Amazon let’s me consolidate viewing. But Amazon doesn’t do one thing I’d really like.

I would really like a mosaic/tile view of all cams at once. Maybe that is something Wyze could do. For Wyze users with all wyze cams, a Wyze FireTV/Roku/AppleTV app could generate a mosaic, much like a cctv security camera monitor. It would be magnanimous if Wyze integrated non-Wyze cams into a hybrid mosaic, but it wouldn’t hurt my feelings if they restricted it to Wyze cams to encourage users like me to go ahead and shift.