Sound randomly turns Off when watching Wyze 2 Cam on iPhone 7

We have a Wyze 2 Cam and a couple of days ago, I downloaded the iphone app for my wife’s iPhone 7. We are trying to monitor our 3 month baby that has moved into her own room and at a random time at night, the sound turns off and has to be turned On again. The sound icon doesn’t show as muted but shows as On. However, we have to intentionally mute it and then unmute it again to get the sound working but then, again, we’ll wake up to the sound off.

This is not a problem on my Samsung Galaxy S7.

Anyone else having this problem or know what is going on?

This forum is primarily a user to user community. If you don’t get a helpful reply here, I suggest you contact Wyze Support for more help. You might want to go ahead and submit your ticket now as there is somewhat of a backlog. If you end up getting the issue resolved before support contacts you, then you can always let them that it’s already resolved. Support will probably want to collect the app log from your wife’s phone.

I have the same problem using iPhone 5S. I also am trying to find a solution using the live stream as the baby monitor without the volume dropping off for some reason. It seems it times out within about 10-20 minutes of being in live stream, but have not tested this yet.

Thanks RickO. I have opened a ticket with them but as you said, they are backed up so whichever gives me the quickest answer, I’ll relay that info onto the other.

I’m having the same problem! Any luck figuring out what to do? I may call tomorrow! Hoping that something can be done!

Having the same problem on my iPad - also using it as a baby monitor & becuase he is upstairs, the sound is very important. I don’t need it timing out! Haven’t used it enough to record a pattern but would love to know the fix.

Same issue here. I have an iPhone X and have been experiencing this. Sound randomly turns off after a period of time and won’t come back on unless you close and reopen the app. Very frustrating as I use this as a baby monitor and it is useless without the sound…

You can just mute, then unmute to get the sound back.

We have developer interest in this and other sound issues:

Thank you, I will follow through with this.
Unfortunately, though, muting and unmuting isn’t an option. I use this as a baby monitor and use is overnight so I can’t constantly be muting and unmuting to get the sound back…

Did you ever find an answer to this problem? I haven’t experience this, but I had an issue where the sound was on mute by accident… I’m thinking about adding to the wishlist a feature to have a more prominent way of displaying when the camera is in mute in fullscreen mode.

Sorry to revive this issue but my friend was also having this problem with an iPhone 6 with the wyze pan… Did it not get resolved? Is this an iOS only problem?

About an hour ago, I checked (WyzeBeta app on Android) the Events tab and every Sound event was silent. I then checked Live view for each camera - all silent. And I know there should be wind noise, because the wind speed is 20+ MPH right now.

I then checked all our Nest cams - yep, I can hear sound (Live view and Event playback).

So I went to Android Settings/ Apps/ WyzeBeta/ Force Stop and Storage/ delete Cache, then fired up the WyzeBeta app and sound has returned. I’ve never had this issue before.

its the cameras its the cameras! this stuff has been quircky and wonky from the get go,ive got lots of cameras and accessories …2 years plus…

why should you have to do that…

just tried that…doesnt work either

This also is happening to me. On both my android and my iPhone.