Sound not working in saved videos after iOS16 update

Apple is convoluted, you need different cables for everything. A card reader with a lightening cable to USB cable would work from a iPhone, USB C to USB is needed for iPad for external drives. I have a USB to USB C memory stick for the iPad and a Lightening cable to USB Cable also for the car charger. Confusing yes :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Lindsay, I have lost all sound recording on my Wyze camera since iOS16 update (going on 5 days now).
Wyze are aware there is a problem with some customers who have updated their Apple devices to iOS16 and now have lost sound recording abilities.

Can anyone having audio issues tell me their exact OS version in settings > general > about, and your exact phone model name next to the OS version. Also, please take an app log next time your not able to hear the sound. Go to account > Wyze support > submit a log. Post all the requested info and the log here. Thanks!

No sound on saved video in wyze and iOS album since iOS16.

Gray sound icon:

Thank you all for your reporting. We have located the issue and are currently working on fix. Will update once we have anything new. Thanks again!

6 Likes

Thank you all for your patience and understanding. We have found the reasons of this issue and are still working on it. ios 16 recently changed the video format they supported leading to not able to play sound in the video. The sound is recorded no problem and you should have no problem hearing sound from any non-ios 16 devices. If you do have similar issues on any non-ios16 devices, please kindly let me know since it might be different issues.

Thank you again for your support!

4 Likes

I owned an iPhone 12 Pro Max and have the same issue stated above. Is apple planning to update their software allowing us to hear our sound.

2 Likes

I don’t have sound being played back on iPhone 13’s running iOS 16.0.2 or iOS 15.7, but it does work on my iPad running iOS 15.7. Note, I do get sound when doing live surveillance and playing back from my USB card.

Sorry, meant for Wyze

I don’t have sound being played back on iPhone 13’s running iOS 16.0.2 or iOS 15.7, but it does work on my iPad running iOS 15.7. Note, I do get sound when doing live surveillance and playing back from my USB card.

For the issue cannot hear sound on ios 15.7. Could you please help me submit a log on this one? This is a new issue. Thanks!

3 Likes

I just tested the audio problem again on my iPhone 13 running iOS 15.7 and the issue still exists. Log was just submitted.

Please post the Log ID for WyzeDesmond. If you already deleted the email response from your submission, you can find the Log ID at: Wyze app Home > Account > Wyze Support > Log History.

2 Likes

So any update to a fix for sound after IOS 16 update?

App Updated today and still no sounds on those events unfortunately

I’m still not able to hear my sound on my saved videos in my photos folder this update did not work. Is there any other fixes for this. I have saved videos that I need the sound. Thank you

Ditto …… I’m running 2.35.0 of the Wyze app on both my iPad and iPhone…. Events recorded on the iPhone continue to have no sound, while the iPad works fine…

Well after not initially experiencing this I finally stumbled across the bug :frowning:

Any update?

Any update to this? My sound still has not worked on both my iphone (current ios) and ipad (hasn’t been updated in over a year). I updated my firmware with the recent update and still no changes.

May I know what kind of video you were trying to view? You use the app on the ipad and still have no sound? That should be a different issue. Could you please Direct message me a screen shot of your settings and logs so we could take a look? Thank you so much!

2 Likes