SmartThings Integration

Pretty sure the update is there is no update.

Just saw the newly announced light switches and was super excited (that price! 3 for less than the price of a single Leviton wifi switch!) …until I saw that I can’t use SmartThings on them. I’d love to swap out some troublesome Z-Wave switches with these but can’t do it if the new switches won’t integrate into my SmartThings automations. I’d love to see SmartThings integration become a priority for Wyze and I’ve got to imagine the market is large enough to more than justify the investment…

1 Like

And if there is intent to do it, could you please let us know that so we can plan? SmartThings is essential to work with my other switches and lights!

1 Like

I totally agree and I’ll say it again I won’t buy any product since I’m heavily involved in smartthings and sorry but I’m not changing or supporting a new eco system unless they integrate with current one like HomeKit or smartthings etc… that’s a dumb move from wyze because IF they would be compatible I would by their product.

But we keep complaining here but not even a single person from wyze read those thread they just don’t give a f***

I had 6 cameras and I’m down to 4 and didn’t replace those 2 with bricked firmware update.

I’ll keep coming for update until I’m down to 0 and after I’ll be gone forever.

Smartthings just annonces “matter” which should make it easier to integrate this would be the perfect time for wyze to bring some good news to all of us !

3 Likes

Wyzs has already announced that they are part of Matter so hopefully in time that will bring more integrations.

1 Like

I’m in the same SmartThings boat. And if I were to switch platforms (which I have considered) it would be to another open platform like Hubitat or Home Assistant. It certainly wouldn’t be to a locked-in system such as Wyze’s.

Has Wyze actually announced they are part of Matter or has the community just discovered it on the Matter web page? I’m pretty sure it’s the latter.

Regardless, perhaps Wyze could then start talking about all the “exciting integrations” they’ll be looking to in the future with Matter protocol and how that will open up integrations into SmartThings and what the roadmap looks like.

Of course when was the last time we could trust a word on the Wyze roadmap. But still, something would be better than silence. With Wyze it seems:

• Roadmap = we’d like to do it when we have a chance at some point in the near to very distant future
  • Not on roadmap / silence = stop asking us about it and buy one of the 200 new products we released this quarter that no one wants.
4 Likes

Agreed. I still buy Arlo Pro cameras despite their exorbitant cost because they tie into SmartThings nicely. I’d switch up to Wyze for cameras in a heartbeat if I could get security camera images (via Wyze the way I do via Arlo) when my SmartThings alarm goes off. I have a few Wyze cams around the house as well as integration isn’t as important on cameras but for switches/dimmers/lights/motion or contact sensors/etc. it’s an absolute must.

2 Likes

How do we make contact with Wyze directly? SmartThings should have been a no-brainer vs trotting out things we didn’t ask for. Can we perhaps get enough people to complain that they have to take it seriously?

It’s the number one wishlist request for Wyze to make and has the second highest comments of wishlist items. Not sure how we can get it on Wyze’s radar more. They’re just ignoring it.

3 Likes

They have announced it @Frederik has talked about it in this forum.

1 Like

We have been part of the Matter initiative since March 2021 and we never made it a secret. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

@UserCustomerGwen it would be really great if we could get an update on this. If Wyze isn’t interested in integrating with Smartthings then just tell us. It’s beginning to seem like we’re just being dragged along with the silence.

2 Likes

SmartThings announced its Matter plans yesterday, Full details in the article, but if Wyze gets its devices Matter certified, SmartThings integration should be done.

While you’ve entered the topic, does anyone at Wyze care to make a statement on their roadmap for SmartThings support?

At this point, we are not considering SmartThings has an independent integration but are looking at Matter to gain SmartThings integration.
We are currently looking at the possibility of HomeKit too but don’t have any official plan we can communicate just yet and are counting in the mid term on Matter also to get that level of integration.

5 Likes

Is there a list somewhere of which Wyze products you all plan to get Matter certified?

2 Likes

I think the BIGGEST question with that is will products we have already bought and invested in be included in matter or will we have to re-invest in updated products that we already own?

2 Likes
  • Wyze Scale
  • Wyze Buds Pro
1 Like

Great question! If we cannot use existing products then, as they say, I am out. Can we please get this question answered asap?

2 Likes