Shipping Method

@UserCustomerGwen

This is not a huge issue but wanted to point out an observation item. Not sure where to put this, so feel free to move it.

I received a notification that my Leak and climate sensors was shipped. The Email indicated it was coming via UPS as indicated indicated this image:

I then clicked on the Track Order link and it took me to the Wyze Site to provide me the status and it showed FedEx in the status window as shown below:

I did verify that the shipment was coming via UPS and not FedEx. Therefore, I wanted to report this given that there is a lot in the forums about Shipping, I wanted to make sure there was no confusion and you all were aware of this so you could provide correct information.

6 Likes

Especially with a lot of the people that are just satisfied with FedEx this is a very very good catch. Itā€™s one that would fall under the radar for the majority of people but those that do notice would be the ones that need to notice as well

1 Like

Thanks, folks! I think this may be a known (and tricky to solve) issue but Iā€™ll make sure. Reporting it now! :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

FedEx is the worst! Seeing itā€™s name on any of my shipping info just ruins my day lol

1 Like

Maybe they are combining the worst of FedEx and UPS.

And the USPS as well. Thatā€™s what both ā€œMail Innovationsā€ and ā€œSmartPostā€ do.

Iā€™m told this may be related to an issue weā€™re already looking into. If I am asked any questions about what youā€™re seeing, Iā€™ll let you know! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Sound like a plan. I can confirm that it is a UPS Tracking Number and not a FedEx number. :slight_smile:

I can confirm this just happened to me as well for my climate and leak sensor shipment.

Though I canā€™t yet confirm if my tracking number is actually UPS or FedEx yet.

1 Like

If it starts with a 9, it is probably UPS. Take the Number and put it in FedEx, it will say not valid, put it in UPS and it will have your info.

2 Likes

Still lowest of the low in shippers. What happened to fixing their shipping providers?

1 Like

FEDEX and UPS are in a significant transition due to the changes at the US Postal System concerning handling packages. In January the ā€˜SNILMAILā€™ system announced to many shippers that they would no longer accept packages. This is most likely due to significant labor shortages at SNAILMAIL hubs in this !#@*^$% COVID fiasco. We had a shipment coming form Minnesota to Massachusetts in September, on 9/4 the shipping label created on Saturday stated waiting for carrier pickup. On 9/5 the status chanced to Picked Up, scheduled for delivery on 9/10.
The status did not change for the entire week. I followed up with the shipper and we got into a good discussion about transit times and the core logistics. He told me that FEDEX was now utilizing the railroad to transit packages. (God Help US)
The next update came when the train reached Philadelphia PA days later. The next update came when the shipment arrived at a FEDEX hub in Massachusetts. From that point on the FEDEX system provided updates each time the shipment crossed scanning location. The shipment was delivered intact on 9/11 one day later than scheduled. Deliver by a FEDEX drive right to our door.
PS: When our SNAILMAIL driver delivers packages they park in front of the garage and beep the horn.

1 Like

My order so far - pathetic

Thursday

SEPTEMBER

On Its Way

• SEP 28

12:42 PM

Arrived at FedEx location

Fedex smartpost grove city, OH

• SEP 28

10:14 AM

In transit

Grove city, OH

• SEP 27

6:20 PM

In transit

Grove city, OH

• SEP 27

6:20 AM

In transit

Grove city, OH

• SEP 26

6:20 PM

In transit

Grove city, OH

• SEP 26

2:14 AM

In transit

Grove city, OH

• SEP 25

9:06 AM

In transit

Greenwood, IN

• SEP 24

7:37 PM

Departed FedEx location

Indianapolis, IN

• SEP 24

2:24 AM

Arrived at FedEx location

Indianapolis, IN

• SEP 23

9:03 AM

Shipment information sent to FedEx

My order is bouncing back and forth. Appears to have made it to the hand off to USPS.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.