Shared user playback option

same here I just want to share playback. It’s standard usage hope Wyze can add it ASAP.
Also owner should be able to control permission level as well.

2 Likes

We need updates!
To enabled shared user can see SD records

7 Likes

That user option of not being allowed to use playback is something that should be optional for the owner to authorize users accordingly. That is an issue I have. I own 5 restaurants and my managers (users) need access to playback, not just me the owner. It’s a BIG deal for me!!

5 Likes

Yeah, we need to be able to share playback with others… especially the police. Wyze, please beef up your Cloud Service and playback interface with Police officers as guests. I don’t want to search through hours of video when they are willing. Thanks.

PLEASE Playback option for owner to choose…We need it!!!

3 Likes

Yeah, we need to be able to share playback with others… especially the police.

THIS.

There definitely needs to be a straightforward way to share video with law enforcement. Especially in these times.

4 Likes

Agree with everyone on this. I’ve had wyze Cameras since v3 launched, and I cannot believe that years later this issue is still outstanding.

@spamoni is there any way to get Wyze product management, technical support, or ANYONE who can speak to this request/requirement that is clearly an issue for many of us?

What you can do is to set your topic notification settings for this topic:

To “watched”, so that you can be notified of any changes to the topic. The current tag at the start of the topic shows “in progress, researching”, which means this according to the How to use the wishlist document:

3 Likes

It is incredible that this has been a request for years and no one at Wyze have taken into consideration and work on it.
I also need this feature really bad and I am considering changing my system because of this.

2 Likes

I feel your frustration, as a user myself I have run into situations in my uses that this would of been handy. In the interim, I have shared my main account login with my wife so that she can have full access to the cameras when she needs them. I understand the risks sharing a login and accept them, but my wife is a trusted user.:slight_smile:

It doesn’t appear that you have voted on the above linked wishlist, I’d recommend visiting and click the voting button in the upper left corner! Every little bit helps! The thread tag is “in progress researching”, so It is being looking into at some level! Which is better than maybe later or probably not!

3 Likes

Agreed. This really needs to be a priority. It is especially important when you have cameras that are used for home and business use, or for extended family. I don’t want the managers at my business to be able to log in to an account that includes my home or my parents home. And I would like to not have to switch between accounts to see playback. I have begun to search for other systems that would fit my needs better, or see if the cameras can be hacked to use a third party setup. It seems like this should be more important than a lot of the features or new products that they develop. Seems like more permission options is a no-brainer . I’ve tried to work around it, hoping a solution would come out, but it’s been 5 years and nothing. I need to upgrade a couple dozen cameras, and was going to go with the v3, but I don’t think I can do that without having this functionality.

4 Likes

That is exactly my situation. I hired a new manager on my business and I dunt want to give them access to my account with my home cameras, and if I reinstall all the cameras into a new account for the business I’ll need to logout and log in to do playback on one or the other.
I actually ended up checking my system and I’ll not recommend wize in the meantime.

3 Likes

I understand your use case and thanks for typing the comments. I’d recommend commenting and voting on the actual wishlist to help it along. This topic is not the wishlist, and to help the actual wishlist we need to get all comments that are championing for it, in one place. Please visit here, vote in the upper left and comment your use case and how the wish would help! Thanks in advance!

1 Like

This is a GQ (good question). I wonder if it is a network authorization issue. I imagine your own phone has credentials to your own home network, but a shared users’ phone may or may not have credentials saved to get into yur camera on yer network.

Another vote and frustrated user here. After 5 years of asking for this feature it still isn’t implemented, instead we are directed to another site to log in and vote for it. Guess what? A lot of people are already frustrated when they find this page and aren’t going to waste more time and just buy something else. I used to love Wyze years ago, and was willing to put up with some reliability issues and growing pains. But since they have purposely restricted access to gain more subscription fees without improving reliability, I have had to move on myself. I would like to have the same access and usability of the existing cameras I have as I did when I first bought them, but I am SOL. And now I realize I can’t even share the playback from the sad card.

To say I’m frustrated is an under statement. I wonder if Wyze has even considered that their funding issues may have something to do with alienating their core users. I for one have had enough.

1 Like

For clarification, the Wishlist and the topic to vote on are a section of this forum, not another site.

1 Like

I also found this feature being missing frustrating.
If anyone can recommend other product than Wyze, please do so. I am highly interested to switch to it.

I just started testing one of these cameras. Must say I’m pretty disappointed that I can’t share the SD card video with other household members.

Adding my voice to the request to get this fixed!

2 Likes

I’ve also ran into this problem, I’ve had to log both devices in using my primary account, not ideal.

So another +1 to try and get this issue fixed.

1 Like