Share MacroDroid Macros for Wyze IoT

@DaBassMann, Rather than continue a detailed conversation in the Wishlist topic where we were posting, I decided to move my reply overs here where it would have more relevance and also not divert the original wishlist topic.

I am not debating the relevance of your wishlist topics. I voted for them all as I believe that there should be varied and comprehensive notification trigger options for all Wyze devices. The more options available, the more customization flexibility users have. This leads to increased ecosystem utility and user satisfaction.

However, if you look pragmatically at how long the Different Alert Sounds for Wyze Notifications has been on the Wishlist… 4 years, you can make a pretty accurate prediction as to how long it will be before they incorporate email notifications for rules or cam sirens, which they have never done for any device.

Because I took a realistic look at how long it might be until I saw a different notification sound from the Wyze app, different notification sounds from each Wyze device, from each type of notification, from devices that have no notification capability; I made the decision to proactively solve my individual needs and wants with a third party app or apps rather than wait on Wyze to do it for me. I have found that there isn’t one IoT provider that makes every product to do what I want it to do. It just doesn’t exist.

Many use BuzzKill, I use MacroDroid. I started this thread specifically to share solutions on using MacroDroid on Android to solve needs that Wyze currently cannot. If the Wyze functionality is developed down the road… Great! But until then we have to do what we have to do to make it work.

To that end… Your specific use case, if I am understanding it correctly, is that you have a number of cams being used that have a rule turning on the Siren when a person is identified by the AI between the hours of 11p and 7a.

And you want that rule to send you an email when it fires so that your phone is alerted. What I don’t understand is why your phone isn’t already being alerted by push notifications for Person detected.

Either way, MacroDroid can accomplish this functionality and be constrained to only pull the trigger on the macro when a Person Push Notification comes in from Wyze during specific hours…the same hours as when your sirens are being set off.

It can push a second notification, push an email, push an SMS, launch apps, launch warning messages, floating warnings, persistent messages, and a host of others.

If you want it to blow up your phone and wake the dead… It will. See what I have programmed it to do when I get a Push Notification from Wyze that my HMS is Alarming :point_up:

It can do that when you get your push notifications at night too.

MacroDroid will play any Audio Media file you can download to your phone.

I have an internal siren in the house that is activated by my Wyze Rule turning on the plug it is plugged into. This then triggers an upload to the net on every security cam I have and every cam siren activated. Each cam notifies my phone of this upload with a distinctly different push notification so that each and every push notification can be used as a Trigger for my Macro to blow up my phone if I wanted it to.

I am only suggesting that there are solutions available now if you want to pursue them.

1 Like