Service Advisory: Wyze devices missing from the app and difficulty sending logs 11/6/20

UPDATE 11/6/20 7:45 PM PT - The service has been restored. We are working on short and long-term solutions for the outages and thank you for your patience. If you are still having trouble viewing your devices in the Wyze app, please contact Wyze Customer Support.

11/6/20 6:09 PM PT - We are continuing to work to resolve this. It appears to only affect Android devices. We will share more information as we receive it and appreciate your patience.

11/6/20 5:00 PM PT - We’re looking into an issue that is preventing Wyze devices from being visible in the Wyze app. This may also impact the ability to set up new devices and send in logs although Event videos appear to be unaffected. We apologize for the trouble.

10 Likes

For those affected, Event videos will play, but the cam is identified as the MAC ID in lieu of user-defined device name.

Also, any live streaming that was initiated prior to outage continues to stream. If this is important for monitoring, do not end your streaming session.

2 Likes

Oh my! Right when i just setting up a few cams. I was going crazy. Thanks for the update.

Here we go again! Was just about to try out time lapse on my outdoor cam for an upcoming rain storm here in LA… this sucks:(

Same here, no devices.

Same

Same problem

Outage seems to affect android but not ios devices. My iPad is connecting to devices without problem but not so for my Galaxy note 10

1 Like

same here, no devices. Its been going on for months with me with no fix whatsoever.

Any ETA on service restoration? These outages appear to be increasing in frequency. Should we be concerned?

2 Likes

My cameras and app worked just fine. Since you have implemented paying for a service, it hasnt worked right at all. Maybe I should call you apple. No pay, no service!

1 Like

Again.

Do you have software testers or are we the testers? Instead of releasing new products, like the faulty band I had to return, maybe work on stability for your existing products.

4 Likes

All my cameras are completely gone from all my devices. This isn’t a new issue, just a repeat, this has been on-going for me over the last 2-3 weeks especially.

3 Likes

Same here. I really need my cams to work!!

2 Likes

Ensuring that software updates aren’t breaking basic existing functionality should be top priority. If not I’ll likely be looking elsewhere for more competent support. Very disappointing

3 Likes

Wyze, please stop rolling broken code to live system. Test in a pre production system. :pray:t3::pray::pray:

4 Likes

This is not tied to a software update but we understand the thought! I’m checking with the team about an update. We apologize for the delay.

1 Like

If nothing changed with the software then why did it stop working?

1 Like

So what is causing this? A little transparency would go a long way.

1 Like