Service Advisory: AWS issues impacting integrations, notifications, and arming/disarming - 8/31/21

8/31/21 3:36 PM PT - AWS has updated to say that they’re seeing signs of recovery on their end. Thanks again for your patience!

8/31/21 2:31 PM PT - AWS has identified the root cause of the issue and are working to resolve it now. We are receiving reports from our customers that services such as integrations and push notifications are behaving as expected and hope to see the rest of our services restored to normal operation soon.

8/31/21 12:00 PM PT - We use a service called Amazon Web Services (AWS) for tasks such as sending notifications. Currently, this service is experiencing difficulty and this is impacting some of our products. Amazon is working on it now but you may experience difficulty with IFTTT, Alexa, or Google integrations, notification delays, trouble with Cam Plus Events not playing smoothly or experiencing errors, or a delay when using Wyze Home Monitoring alarms or disarming your system. We apologize and appreciate your patience.

Learn more here: https://status.aws.amazon.com/

10 Likes

Just came here to find this, although my google search didn’t bring this up (wyze notifications were working for me, just not alexa routines), I actually came here to post the issue…I am going to add some search words/phrases in case it helps anyone else

alexa routine wyze
alexa wyze routine not working
amazon wyze routine not working
wyze routines not working
amazon alexa wyze routines not running

Here is what AWS posted:
11:25 AM PDT We are investigating an issue which is affecting network traffic for some customers using AWS services in the US-WEST-2 Region.

12:13 PM PDT We continue to investigate the issue affecting network connectivity within a single Availability Zone (usw2-az2) in the US-WEST-2 Region. While we continue to work towards root cause, we believe that the issue is affecting connectivity to Network Load Balancers from EC2 instances, connectivity from Lambda to EC2 instances and other AWS services, as well as connectivity between EC2 and some AWS services using PrivateLink. In an effort to further mitigate the impact, we are shifting some services and network flows away from the affected Availability Zone to mitigate the impact.

3 Likes

Thank you so much, Steve! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

For what it’s worth I just received a series of person detection Alexa announcements that were delayed by 20 minutes and longer. Just got a 4th one as I write this. (No real events occurred within the last hour here.) Must be quite a backlog. Thanks for the info.

4 Likes

That’s encouraging! I am in the middle of making a push notification for this and hopefully I won’t need to spam everyone with that. :sweat_smile:

Still gonna keep working on it just in case! Please keep me posted about how things are looking. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

FYI… In addition to the listed delays, I’m also experiencing sporadic delays viewing cloud Events. Some of the delays involve severe lag, some result in Error code 07, some pause midstream for a lengthy period. I’m located East/mid-Atlantic.

3 Likes

Hmm… Please keep an eye on that. It may be something else but I’m not certain. We’ll know better when AWS gives the all-clear!

Speaking of, I had our team check our metrics after what @Customer said. Looks like things are recovering so I’m not going to send out a push notification. Thank you for bringing that up! You saved millions of people a potentially unnecessary push notification (though I was planning to verify before I hit send so you more likely just saved me work and anxiety :stuck_out_tongue: ).

6 Likes

@Seapup, I am somewhat pleased to tell you that AWS posted an update that sounds related to what you just posted here. So they’re working on it! I’ll add that into my messaging.

2 Likes

Excellent! :smiley:

I am now having some routines run that i was testing before, caught me off guard because i didn’t initiate them recently, seems like catching up a backlog like Customer suggested - I am in Midwest region

AWS recent update:
1:00 PM PDT We continue to investigate the issue affecting network connectivity within a single Availability Zone (usw2-az2) in the US-WEST-2 Region. We have narrowed down the issue to an increase in packet loss within the subsystem responsible for the processing of network packets for Network Load Balancer, NAT Gateway and PrivateLink services. The issue continues to only affect the single Availability Zone (usw2-az2) within the US-WEST-2 region, so shifting traffic away from Networking Load Balancer and NAT Gateway within the affected Availability Zone can mitigate the impact. Some other AWS services, including Lambda, ELB, Kinesis, SQS, RDS, CloudWatch and ECS, are seeing impact as a result of this issue.

1 Like

Mine are catching up, I just received notices and routines triggering only 20-30 minutes delayed, so it appears they are getting closer to real time again.

2 Likes

1:20pm PST = Now down to 13 minutes.

1:22pm = Wyze camera notification was basically immediate; Alexa routine was not immediate yet

2 Likes

I thought something was up Alexa announced front door open over 20 minutes after I opened it.
Looks like it might be working OK now I just got quick notification from a camera shared with me

3 Likes

I got an Alexa person detection announcement in near real time a few minutes ago - the people were still on camera when she spoke in her Aussie accent.

Amazon seems to have caught up, for me at least.

3 Likes

I am getting notifications relatively quickly now. Still monitoring.

FYI: My VDB events are returning the following error, I think it is related because the event was uploaded.

1 Like

Of course the system decides to glitch today. It does not advise me that the ups guy dropped off a package and then alerts me too late that someone was stealing my package :blush:

2 Likes

Still having cloud event issues here too.

8/31/21 2:31 PM PT - AWS has identified the root cause of the issue and are working to resolve it now. We are receiving reports from our customers that services such as integrations and push notifications are behaving as expected and hope to see the rest of our services restored to normal operation soon.

3 Likes

@juanvr4, that stinks! We’re so sorry to hear that! :cry:

1 Like