AWS IoT Maintenance - 8/7/20

UPDATE:

8/7/20 4:48 PM PT - The maintenance ended a couple of hours ago and all devices should be functioning properly. Thank you for your patience. If you have any difficulty with your Wyze devices, please contact customer support.

https://support.wyzecam.com

ORIGINAL POST:

AWS is performing maintenance on our servers. This may lead to products appearing to be offline, delayed notifications, and delayed setting changes. We apologize for the inconvenience and this will be resolved later.

5 Likes

Thanks for the heads up, @UserCustomerGwen. Do you know what time frame they will be performing the maintenance?

3 Likes

“Resolved later”? Can we get an actual time estimate?

3 Likes

Hum …for how long latter ?

Jeepers…in the meantime I just need to keep checking in the Wyze app to see if things are working or not …!?

Hope all the members who need to won’t crash the servers…

1 Like

Have wyze looked at expanding the cluster on different AZs or even regions to eliminate any downtime?

2 Likes

My point here is that delayed notifications are really not acceptable for a primary security system and smart home integration. Inconsistencies/unreliability would just drive customers away. Imagine you are not getting notified if strangers are around your house. Or your light just randomly turn on at night waking you up due to the delays for your motion sensors.

2 Likes

Hi everyone,
First of all I am one of you having issues with the Wyze security systems and at first me being an electronic engineer looked at all of my items. After that I logged in a report and looked up the forum only to find others are having issues after the last update. I can only imagine that the programmers at Wyze found it too. This kind of operating system can be hard to find the root cause, but they think they have found the problems. This can take some time to reboot a major computer system like Amazon so it should be back to normal soon.

Yes like the rest of you, I think Wyze dropped the ball big time by:
1 Not acknowledging the issue sooner and sending out the information to all their customers.
2 Not notifying their customers that they have found the fix and that they are working on it and give us a reasonable timeframe so people are not left wondering.

3 Likes

Can you send notification when problem is resolved so we don’t have to guess?

3 Likes

This is my baby monitor, need things running SOON. Side note, would love to see better sound and no crashing since I use this as my eyes and ears everyday.

I’m sorry, I don’t have information from AWS about when this will be ended. I asked if we had an estimate for it and was told no earlier. I’ll check with the team to see how things are looking now and we apologize for the vagueness.

2 Likes

Thank you Gwendolyn. Please let us know when you know.

1 Like

8/7/20 4:48 PM PT - The maintenance ended a couple of hours ago and all devices should be functioning properly. Thank you for your patience. If you have any difficulty with your Wyze devices, please contact customer support.

https://support.wyzecam.com

5 Likes

I see we now get a one time pop up in the wyze app displaying a message about the server issues . This is nice but please give a page in the app that give us real time status updates on server/ system issues .
I can’t imaging AWS would do "maintenance " on your cluster without notifying you and getting your approval . Wyze even though you state your products are not “security”, Uptime is a must . This is not helping your image with all of the changes to paid services . I certainty wouldn’t pay for services that have downtime for this period of time .

2 Likes

Are you guys really doing updates or is this just another instance of an employee in China opening up the security blocks and steals our info and access to our cameras all the time? I’m super [mad] that I had to read about everything your own company stole from us and have been using from back in December. You never told anyone all of the information that was uploaded to a China based employee.

MOD NOTE: Post edited to conform to the Community Guidelines.

1 Like

All cameras are dead for me post maintenance. Anyone else?

EDIT: I am a total doofus. I inadvertently nuked the DNS server that serves the network segment my Wyze cams are on. Ignore. Everything works as expected.

1 Like

Nope. Not working at all. Outdoor cam is “offline”

@mrgadget, I don’t have all the answers. I know that we’re working toward improved communication and I’ll share your feedback with the team.

@Lm231, all the data is stored on US servers. And this was AWS in the US doing server maintenance. We apologize for the data leak at the end of last year and understand your frustration.

For folks that are having camera troubles, does power cycling help? If not, please contact customer support so we can look into this.

1 Like

This says China. Maybe the second data breach was in the u.s but this wasn’t back then. It’s never been fixed either. Your employee uploaded access to everyone’s account. And still works there. The app doesn’t even work on my phone anymore.

One of my cameras displays 24/7 on a wall mounted tablet and all afternoon and evening it kept dropping it’s stream. Had it been a camera that I just check in the app once in a while, I likely wouldn’t have noticed. But displaying the camera 24/7 made it obvious there was something going on. It seems to be more stable now for the last hour or two. While it was dropping out earlier, just hitting retry on the Wyze display screen and let it count through the connecting 1 of 3, 2 of 3, 3 of 3 usually made it come back for a while.