Sensors not showing open/close

Trying to get a Sense Starter Kit to work with the contact sensors. Everything is set up properly and the sensor is seen by the bridge. Problem is the app continually shows door closed. With the camera moved close to the sensor and showing 3 bar signal strength, opening and closing the door does not trigger an event. Even removing the two pieces from the door and touching or separating the two sensor pieces has no affect on the app. I’ve tried this with both sensors that came with the starter kit and neither one works. Any assistance would be much appreciated. Thank you.

1 Like

Try this
Pull the power from the camera , take off the bridge Then re power the camera, once you get A solid blue light On the camera put the bridge back in,

1 Like

No luck. Contact sensor status remains “open” no matter what I do with the sensor.

Have you tried removing and replacing the sensor’s battery (to reset it)?

Yes. These are new, but I did try removing and reinserting the battery on one of them. The camera and app can see both sensors. The only problem is the status does not change from open no matter what I do. Also, the signal from sensor to camera is 3 bars. The camera has a strong signal to the router. All lights on canera, hub an sensor are what they should be. Thanks for your reply.

All that being the case, it sounds like it’s time for a support request.

Keep in mind that this forum is primarily a user to user community. If you don’t get a helpful reply here, please file a Support Request. Depending on the nature of the problem, rather than use the website link, it is helpful to submit an App Log and/or a Firmware Log.

1 Like