Sensor hub volume has decreased considerably after latest update

I was waiting for the next non-beta software update, before looking at hardware replacement. I’m still on the beta 4.32.6.142

Also was hoping for multiple hubs or options for the keypads to have the countdown. For people with detached garages or large houses to know when they triggered the alarm countdown.

On beta now and Wyze suggested to me that I get a replacement

1 Like

We were waiting just like you but honestly we are tired of waiting on this. We will hold our breath that a new hardware device will somehow fix this issue :confused:

So it’s been some time since the last firmware update and the improvement is minimal. While the volume may have increased a bit, it is still nowhere near what it was when originally shipped. I still have trouble hearing it from the back bedroom. When I first got it, it was loud enough to wake me, which is what I need.

Hey Wyze, how about a progress report here. This is kind of important because it is the siren for our security system.

2 Likes

I agree. Not to be too dramatic. But this is kind of ridiculous.

1 Like

My sentiments exactly

I also just tried the 4.32.7.150 firmware and the volume is the same.

On High I can sleep through the alarm with the fan on, and the alarm hub in the next room/door open.

Just upgraded to the same version as Vipers, and it’s still the same volume as before. Which is 60-70% less in volume to what it originally was before the company self induced bug that ruined our speaker. over a month ago now

The new update appears to have fixed my sense hub’s volume issue. Thank you WYZE team!

Joshua

1 Like

Latest instruction for me is to reset the hub, which I’ll do later. Has anyone already done this? did it make a difference?

We’ve done that including myself. I don’t believe anyone on here has reported any success from resetting their hub. Other than needing to reprogram your home monitoring system and all it’s sensors when resetting the hub.

There are 2 kinds of “reset” too…one is reset as in reboot…I do this by holding in the reset button until the hub flashes, then release it (between 9-11 seconds iirc). Then it just reboots and I don’t have to set everything up again. The other one is to reset it in a way that requires going back through set up for the hub and all sensors all over again.

As for the latest Beta firmware for the hub. Mine is noticeably louder (a moderate increase). I can now hear my alarm and the chimes from my office again (where I haven’t been able to since the volume issues began), so I can definitely tell it is louder since I can now hear it again. But I remember High being so loud that my daughter covered her ears after a few seconds and begged me to turn the siren volume down and it is not that loud. With the new firmware I was able to talk on the phone while I tested the siren going off (which I wouldn’t have been able to do comfortably before).

So, not quite annoyingly loud like I remember, but it is now loud enough that I can hear it from my basement office again like I wanted and loud enough that I won’t ask for a replacement. I would like the high volume to go back to as loud as it used to be though. I am glad it is increasing a little bit with each firmware iteration, and I hope it increases back to normal again in a future iteration, but at least I can now hear it from my basement office. I can work with that.

They should at least let us sync the V3 cam sirens with the HMS too. Allow us to have our V3 Sirens go off anytime the HMS is triggered. That would help a lot.

2 Likes

I have 5 V2’s that I would gladly upgrade to V3’s if they allowed the sense hub to trigger the alarms in them.

I tried the method of holding the reset button for an indefinite amount of time… i never did manage to reset the router. The lights never flickered. I figured they didn’t want anyone unauthorized to have easy access to reset the router.

Did you test the replacement out yet?

Still waiting for it, should be in any day.

I replaced the hub with a new unit and reset up all my devices over the last 3 hours with updates.

The volume is still not as loud on High as it was before, so replacing the hub does not seem to fix the issue some people notice.

Medium and high alarm sound the same. But it also does not keep the level selection when trying to switch to medium, When I go back to check, it’s still on “high”.

The audio of the alarm when it says high, is still soft enough to not hear with a fan on low speed in the next room/door open. Easy to sleep through, or I should say pleasant to sleep through.

Thanks for the update. I would’ve preferred to hear that it worked and fixed everything back to normal, but I am grateful to hear your experience so I know it’s not worth the effort to consider a replacement and it will be better to instead hope for firmware solution improvements.

Yep have to agree. I have my old hub still and been fiddling with it to try to get it to work, it hasn’t. The new hub is noticeably quieter but it is at least playing sound as it should.

Hey guys so finally got around to testing the hub replacement and unfortunately I’m getting same low volume result as with my original hub.

One observation was when I first got the hub replacement and finish installing it, it had a “low battery siren alarm” displayed on the monitor screen in the app. That got me thinking that battery and siren both work in sync more than I realized. The low volume may have to do with its battery as much as the siren itself.

Nonetheless, the low volume is still present.

There’s a new home monitoring survey that seem to have come from the new app update. Make sure you guys fill it out and report what has been happening.