Sensor Bridge Problems

Points to note on sensor bridge connections:
There is question about whether a cam & bridge receive enough power under all conditions with the stock 1 amp power supply. I have switched my supplies to 2.amp (like the for Pan Cams). Especially the one using an extended cable.
Factors like extended length cables and using plastic or silicone cases on the cams with the bridge also can impact connectivity.
When trying to connect a sensor to a bridge it seems to be critical to be close to the bridge cam during the connection process. Later distance is not as critical.
This is one I have noticed once in one of my sensors but haven’t had time to test properly yet, but I’ll pass it on as a FWIW. Had connection drop problems, Battery signal was 2 of 3. On impulse opened the sensor case and saw the battery was a brand I’ve never heard of. Replaced with an energizer and no more problems. Hope this helps. If not, certainly open a support ticket Here!. I did that recently and they were very responsive.

Not responsive at all. If I treated my customers with no answers, I’d be fire on the spot.

I have removed all devices from my account. I am using a v2 on a 2.4 amp power brick, a stock cable, a usb power monitor, and the other 4 bridges that wouldn’t work on a dedicated WAP with only a 2.4 ghz SSID. Camera connects, bridges are recognized, but no sensor connections are successful. I cannot trust this product I am returning it today. All of this coupled with shoddy support does not earn my business nor will it from 83k Twitch subscribers. Sad, really.

Thank you all for the help and advice.

I’m really sorry to hear that. I hate that I can’t get you working but I understand your feelings and needs. It just seems like we are probably missing something in your setup. Im going to tag the other volunteers like myself and the mods- maybe someone else has more experience and can peg it. @Mavens, @moderators, @WyzeGwendolyn -any ideas?
Please give it a few hours and at least check back in. At any rate/ best wishes whichever way you go!

I am a Twitch user does that mean I can’t use Wyze anymore? :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Seriously I do understand your frustration and would love to help. Can you tell me a little more about your setup?

How far are the sensors from the bridge? Are their any walls between the sensors and the bridge? What error message do you get when you try to connect a sensor to the bridge?

Bruce, not trying to be rude. Please go read the whole post or at least my replies. I’ve stated everything at least twice. Thanks.

Well I agree, no rudeness intended. And I have read all your posts. Nothing you state seems to be definitive which is why I asked. Your posts use qualifiers such as: “some” “edge” “3 or 4 walls”.

If you have low signal strength or intermittent signal strength then either move a camera and bridge closer or move the sensors closer to the Bridge.

If you cannot do that and accomplish your needs then perhaps these sensors are not a solution for your needs? There are a number of motion and contact sensors from a variety of manufacturers available at all different price points and connectivity types.

While this forum is for Wyze products we certainly understand that Wyze’s products don’t fit every use case or need. We would be happy to provide recommendations other than Wyze if we can.

Also just to be clear, the Mavens and Moderators here are users not Wyze Employees. We volunteer our time to help out, but if you need hard core technical help it is best to talk to Wyze Support.

2 Likes

So instead of troubleshooting his scenario maybe he can compare his method of setup compared to mine. I currently have 7 cameras (2 Pan and 5 regular), 5 door sensors, 2 motion sensors, and 1 bulb (soon to be 5). Here’s what I would do:

1. Install wyze app to phone and then install each camera one by one. App should show each camera online
  2. Using 1 of the camera that show online and has a strong and will continue to have a strong wifi connection plug in 1 bridge on the backside of that camera.
  3. Open wyze app and make sure bridge is on network.
  4. Using bridge installation process start installing sensors one at a time so that it shows up on wyze app. I wouldn’t install them onto their permanent locations until your wyze app sees each sensor.
  5. You should be able to add many sensors using only that 1 bridge.
  6. Once sensors are recognized one by one install them in designated areas.

This is how I connected my entire network and all works. I do not need multiple bridges it’s only required you need one. On your installation process what is telling you that you require additional bridges? Perhaps your multiple bridges could be causing the problem?

After all sensors (both door and motion) were installed I set up my triggers and schedules and it works like a charm.

It just seems so strange that you are having such issues if you are installing them correctly

I believe he actually states that his issues are because of weak signal. I think he has installed everything correctly but for whatever reason the sensors are “4 to 5 walls” away from the bridge.

So if he installs it with the app before he mounts the sensors on its permanent doors or windows are they all connected beforehand? He only needs one bridge and the other 4 are extra. He should only need 1 to connect the sensors to the network of cameras. They aren’t wifi signal bridges like Netgear

He should be installing 1 bridge then connecting all sensors. Then start installing them where he wants. If sensors are losing wifi connection then he needs to upgrade or expand his wifi signal. It has nothing to do with the wyze product.

Of course he could have a defective product.

What was your support ticket number? @UserCustomerGwen should be able to get them to respond.

1 Like

I would just read what he posted, I don’t want to put words in his mouth.

Yea he posted that he’s trying to connect more bridges than the 1 that’s working with 10 sensors. So I myself don’t have 10 sensors so not sure if wyze has a limit to how many sensors per bridge. So I wonder if he can connect more sensors to that one working bridge? If he cannot maybe it’s a wyze limitation issue per bridge? Or if he can connect more than 10 or 12 or 20 maybe he can get them connected first then start installing them one by one to his desired locations. As he’s installing them to the desired locations are they dropping off the app? Perhaps he needs to buy a Netgear wifi extender for the weak areas. Interesting

The limit is 100 per bridge. So I do not think that’s the issue.

2 Likes

I would definitely recommend talking to the support team at this point. May I please have your support ticket number so I can look into why you haven’t received a response, @rogueangel2k?

1 Like

Talked to them today. Thanks.

2 Likes

If you are still having trouble installing the bridges to your new Wyzecams, this is just something to consider. Try and manually flash an older version of the firmware by downloading it from your PC and copying it on to your micro SD.

I have had much better experiences with the older versions of the firmware release on many fronts. I understand you shouldn’t have to, but at this point, it might be worth a try. Once you get the bridges to connect to the cameras and the sensor attached, then if you wish, proceed with caution to migrate to a newer firmware by the standard, over the air method.

Please read posts fully. I do not have V1 cams.

Sorry, the instructions apples to v2 as well, that’s just the title. Believe me, I have read all of your posting and I have had this problem. I love the Wyzecam, I just think they are now moving a bit too fast with new functionalities releases.