SD Card missing

I keep getting the error message “Micro SD Card Not Found” over and over again. I have to restart the camera to watch playback but as soon as I do that I loose the entire video history.
I’ve tried several SD cards but nothing works. It’ll work for a short time after I restart the camera but then it stops working and I get the error message again.

My first thought was dying uSD card - yes, they all WILL eventually die. However you said you tried several cards, so second option is dying card slot in the camera - harder to deal with. Can you plug the uSD card into a computer to confirm if the card appears to be live?

I don’t get that one. Restarting the camera has no effect on uSD card recordings.

2 Likes

I’ll have to try it in the computer and let you know. Yeah, the only thing that would work would be restarting the camera. It’s almost like a hard reset I guess

ScanDisk 32GB Ultra

:paw_prints:

1 Like

Try doing a low-level reformat on your card(s) from a computer using the free, official SD Memory Card Formatter app. Select “Overwrite format”, not “Quick format”: Leave “CHS format size adjustment” unchecked. If there is a problem with the cards, a low-level format may be able to rebuild the file allocation table (FAT) isolating and excluding the bad spot(s) on the card. Note that low-level reformatting takes a LONG time to complete.

44g7FrB2s67j

You also may wish to use high-endurance cards specifically designed for cam use.

Although a longshot, you can also try swapping the USB power adapter in case yours is going bad (undervoltage).

And lastly, make sure your cam’s firmware is current. If you are running a Cam Pan v1, your firmware should be at either 4.10.9.1433 or 4.10.8.1002.

1 Like

Just so you know, the SanDisk Ultra cards are NOT rated for continuous write operations. In fact SanDisk will not honor a warrantee on Ultra cards if they are used in a video camera. That is also the case with several other manufacturers. They do make high endurance cards that are specifically made for video cameras.

3 Likes

The card in the image is not a micro sd card. If your micro sd card used in the cam is ultra, then it probably has failed or will soon