Schedule Set to Close -- but Opens door first

I love the Garage Door Controller. I want the schedule to check to see if the garage door is closed every night at 10pm. I scheduled it. But, when it is closed, it actually opens the door first a few feet – and then closes it. My desire is to close it if it is open, and do nothing if it is already closed.

What am I doing wrong?

2 Likes

The way you want it to work should be the way it works “My desire is to close it if it is open, and do nothing if it is already closed.” It should just check the QR code, and if it finds it in the closed position do nothing.

So maybe you need to recalibrate your QR code? Can it see the code well at 10 PM? The only part I really don’t understand is the “opens the door a few feet”. If it doesn’t see the QR code, it should open the door fully if it starts out closed. Anyway, try recalibrating the QR code and see if that helps.

1 Like

Has this changed? I just purchased the controller. And I can’t even find where to set up the “close at a specific time.”

1 Like

Close at a specific time Rule below. I suspect @nixhome2020’s issue was the camera was too far back in the garage to read the bar code (which tells the system whether the door is opened or closed), but I’ll let them chime in on that.

1 Like

Thank you.

1 Like

I’ve been having the same problem. I’ve recalibrated, I’ve made a larger QR code for door, and I leave a light on so code is easily seen. I give up. Waiting for some kind of update.

My Camera was mounted under the garage door motor/opener, so it was close enough

I think my issue occured because the camera was moved (by me) when I inserted a microSD card, and did not recalibrate.

The GDC, when out of calibration should have all funtionality disabled by the GDC when it falls out of calibration… but does it know its out of calibration?

Thus my actions caused the door to open, when it was closed already due to being out of calibration.

Thus, I do not use this feature anymore, as I don’t trust it not to go out of calibration on it’s own.

SJ

My camera is 14 feet from door. I even enlarged the QR code. Then recalibrated. Still same result

Please excuse any typos or grammatical errors as this was written via IPhone

Same issue for me. Any updates?