Run around with Tech Support?

Just in case this might reach someone who cares at Wyze.

Dear Eunice, Jayward, Felyn, and Jessica (tech support names in emails) -

I’m now on the fourth tech assigned to this issue. Honestly, I’m extremely disappointed with the tech “support” from Wyze. I get passed from one tech to another and have to start all over with my issue.

In short, I resolved the issue myself [screen does not update to live feed when going to full screen/landscape mode on iPhone and iPad]. It has to do with setting the video to HD SD or 360. Since my internet at the remote outdoor camera location is rather slow, the screen will not update when switching from portrait to landscape/full screen unless the video is set to 360. And yes, I’ve used the square corners to change to full screen. If you had bothered to read the history on this issue, you’d know that.

One would think that Wyze would put this into their knowledge base so other customers experiencing this won’t go through the MONTHS of repetitive and useless tech support emails and shuffle around four different tech people, only to have to give up or resolve the issue themselves.

Frankly, support techs have asked me to do the SAME things over and over. Each new tech assigned DOESN’T read through the history to get information before asking me to do or send something I’ve already done or provided.

This is the best way to LOSE customers. Thanks for no tech support.

DEHolz

I support everything you said, the email support system is not good. A much better way to contact them is live by phone at (206) 339-9646 Monday - Friday 5 am - 6 pm PT and Saturday 8 am - 4 pm PT. Save that for future reference. Most live calls are resolved with a much better outcome. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Heck in all my years of talking IT to techs with all companies that’s 30+ years, I could count on one hand the number of techs that read the history and don’t make me do stuff again and again that I have explained in detailed and provided evidence that I did those actions - already.

1 Like