RTSP for V3

Believe it or not I think you can access those TinyCam Wyze feeds right now in Blue Iris.

1 Like

I am seeing lots of URLs and gibberish but nothing that specifically says how to get a stream from tiny cam they have URLs but you have to hit a specific camera or channel and that is not clear.
is there some where that gives a more detail explanation on how to do with wyze?

Yah, calling my posts gibberish isn’t the best way to get me to hold your hand through this. It works. Treat the TinyCam web server as if it were an Axis camera with multiple channels.

Good luck.

1 Like

You have to first make sure that the Wyze cameras are working with its app before setting them up with tinycam. That ensures that the cameras were set up correctly in the first place, otherwise, you’re liable to waste your time tinkering with tinycam setup and not make any progress.

Setting up with tinycam is simple. Just make sure you have the correct brand selected, then choose the channel. If I remember right, there are two separate “brand” entries for Wyze cams.

The “channel” is a misnomer. It’s just an index to your camera collection; ie, 0 is for the first, 1 for the next and so on. You have to guess which “channel” is associated with which camera. Which one is first? Second? That depends on how the Wyze servers ordered your cameras in its configuration.

Additionally, the tinycam publisher responds to email. You’re likely to get better responses to tinycam questions like this.

Your input was valuable to thank you, all my Wyze cameras work perfectly on Tiny cam, I logged into the cloud and give them each channel numbers 0,1,2,3, respectively. then I can view the URL via the tiny cam web browser and paste it into a window and see the stream from that camera perfectly. When I put this stream URL into blue iris it does not like it although I would expect differently. that is where I got stuck.

I don’t have blue iris. Might want to peruse their user forums to see if anyone is able to use V3. It could be some incompatibility with their app.

Sorry was referring to the web page that listed all the URL’s I apologize meant no disrespect. Actually, it was the main URL they had lots of examples but nothing that really pertained to tiny cam pro. the link or URL in the example did not specify the channel or what camera was to be selected it was just a root URL path. although it will log in you won’t see any feeds.
My feeds show up with 192.168.0.55;8083/live?cameraId=1290657941 this shows the Wyze V3 camera video perfectly. just? Blue Iris does not like this type of URL. So I was having trouble understanding how th examples worked when no camera was specified in the URL.

1 Like

Okay, no problem then. Your issue is you are currently trying the web viewer. What you want at Blue Iris is the equivalent RTSP settings, not really a browser URL. Again, you treat it as an Axis brand camera.

Here’s what I am using, although not in Blue Iris (I am using another copy of TinyCam.)

Camera brand Axis
Camera model Generic

Web port 8083

Protocol Server push (MJPEG)
RTSP port 554
TinyCam web server username
TinyCam web server password
Channel 1

1 Like

I can connect my TinyCam to my Wyze V3. My question is, how do I connect my NVR to TinyCam feed from Wyze? Is it an RTSP connection setting? For example, I use ContaCam software. Pretty basic, but does what I need. What connection settings would I use to connect to the TinyCam channel streaming output from my Wyze?

None of these settings worked:

Axis (motion jpeg) Axis (rtsp - port 8083) Axis (rtsp)

1 Like

The first one looks correct… Your TinyCam Pro has its web server up (and you’re on the same local WiFi)?

Try this in your browser first

http://192.168.x.x:8083/axis-cgi/mjpg/video.cgi?user=admin&pwd=yourpassword&camera=1

3 Likes

That Totally worked for Blue Iris, I had to modify the IP and set it to camera #28 but I have the Wyze V3 Now present in my Blue IRIS Configuration.
That my friend was the magic URL, I used in the browser till I got the right camera.

5 Likes

Check out the big Class A private address on Dudley here. :wink:

Glad you got it working. Interesting that my TinyCam client doesn’t need the full URL. I suppose it’s implied by the camera type.

I could probably tweek it a bit to minimize the config that was just the first initial stream that worked. Yes I use the 10.o’s for my Local subnet. multiple vlans 254 each.

2 Likes

Let us know how stable it is for you after several hours or days of having it in there (dropped connections, missing periods of recordings, etc). It would be interesting to hear how well it works out stability-wise.

I had a wyze v2 same location and it was very unstable, drop off every day had to constantly reboot it, issues with wifi. Replaced with a v3 and its been solid (all via wyze app) so now I will test it with blueiris, then when they come out with RTSP firmware further comparison will be done.

2 Likes

That will be awesome! Thank you. I really look forward to your updates. I have been considering all of those options.

1 Like

using the Shield “tiny cam” appears to be very reliable, the stream is stable in my blue iris for days now. had to restart the webserver in tiny cam a few times is all.

1 Like

WOW! That’s awesome to hear! I saw a post a while ago where someone using other normal RTSP had a bunch of repeated disconnects many, many times throughout the day, and some people have had trouble keeping TinyCam giving a constant stream for long periods of time. It’s great to hear that yours has been working pretty well through Blue Iris. I’ve been tempted to try it, just haven’t wanted to pay that much for it until I’m ready to really commit to a dedicated local stream and storage backup.

Good to hear, dudley.

Carver – it has an even crazier name so I never remember it, but LuxRiot Evo is free software that sounds like it exceeds the abilities of Blue Iris. I have NOT tried it but it’s near the top of my “to play with when I get serious about NVR” list. It’s not open source like ZoneMinder but it sounds very powerful. Heard about it here on the forum of course. :slight_smile:

IP camera software Luxriot Evo, a Complimentary Edition :: Luxriot

3 Likes

Thank you, my friend! I love your recommendations and your knowledge and appreciate you sharing such things with me! I certainly spend plenty of time in these forums, but I definitely miss a lot, and you are so great at being able to reference and share awesome important posts and knowledge, and you are very appreciated that way!

2 Likes