RTSP for V3

LuxRiot EVO is the same as the Trendnet Free software although it is usable, it’s very difficult to configure and does not even compare to blue Iris. I keep trying to find something better than blue iris and the only one is Exactq it is exceptional but very very expensive.

1 Like

What do you think of Shinobi? ISpy? Milestone? I’ve barely heard of any of these but am interested.

I’m a bit lost in the last 10 messages. Is there a working method to get a v3 on computer via RTSP or some other method? I use SecuritySpy for mac with a bunch of v2s on RTSP.

1 Like

No. They have not yet released RTSP for the V3.

As far as I know.

But… Yes, you can use the TinyCam workaround I described to achieve it without RTSP.

See this post and Dudley’s screenshot after it.

https://forums.wyze.com/t/rtsp-for-new-v3-camera/146016/22

How does TinyCam read the video stream? Is the URL in your reply a TinyCam URL or a URL of the camera?

It’s been awhile since I played with tinycam pro. Tinycam is just like the Wyze app; it connects to the Wyze cameras via the Wyze servers.

But it has a webserver feature that you activate. It takes the camera feeds from Wyze and re-streams them using http. Expect the Android machine running tinycam to get real hot from using its graphics component.

Interesting. I don’t have TinyCam, but how does it connect to the wyze system? Do you give it your wyze credentials?

The tinycam publisher uses unpublished Wyze API, either reversed-engineered or under license. Yes, it needs your Wyze credentials.

1 Like

I’ve had the TinyCam Pro web server running full time on a lowly Fire HD8 for months and it’s entirely cool to the touch. It also is set to stay on full time with a 4-up live camera display.

1 Like

FYI update using Tiny Cam Pro to produce a stream for my Blue iris has been working Steady now for a few weeks. every now and again I have to go restart the web server in tiny cam pro. so this work around is good solution till RTSP is available for the V3. also the camera V3 replaced a v2 which always had wifi issues. now t hat camera is very reliable I did not change wifi just a new v3 did the trick.

1 Like

Interesting. Some people report worse connectivity replacing a V2 with a V3 and some the opposite. Glad the kludge is working for you.

1 Like

Regretting switching out my v2 for v3 - yes - night time image quality is amazing, but I am truly missing RTSP and now can’t use my BlueIris. Tried TinyCam Pro - getting 2FA messages when no 2FA is present (yes, I tried what the interwebs suggested). Spent hours on it today and am at wits end. Many regrets.

4 Likes

i know this sounds like overkill, but in an attempt to remove the android device; has anyone tried putting a VM on the same machine Blueiris is on with TinyCam Pro? https://www.android-x86.org/
I might try it out.

I have installed the Android Emulator MEmu on the same machine as Blue Iris. Then in MEmu you go to Network settings and set it up in Bridge mode. I found that the video in Blue Iris updates faster than when using TinyCam Pro on an Android device. The only Issue I see is that between Blue Iris and the Emulator they use a lot of CPU resources which could slow the machine down…

Ahh good call. Any chance blueiris team will implement that wyze api? There is no chance there will be rtsp firmware available for the doorbell and likely not the outdoor models.

I do appreciate the rtsp support in cam2s Any other brand of inexpensive wifi cameras (as wyze) … do RSTP ? I’d love to stay with Wyze but the rtsp support isn’t going to happen as long as they sell cloud subscription and I’ll drop future wyze cam purchases for BlueIris reason - we - need - rtsp!

Thanks all

Yep, I already ordered a bunch HikVision cams got them cabled in, using Wyze just secondary simple access.

Don’t know what you mean? They have essentially promised to release RTSP for the V3 camera.

That said, lots of (most) competitors include it.

1 Like

Right there with you. Major regrets switching to the v3.

1 Like

I’ve been waiting for the RTSP firmware since I got these dang things (which are still sitting in their boxes). I use Blue Iris, and don’t wish to have two places to check my cameras of varying brands, including some of the V2s which I love.