[RESOLVED] Service Advisory: Some Cam Plus videos not playing successfully - 3/15/21

March 15th 11:38 PM PT - We are now seeing service restored to the levels from before the outage. Thank you to the team at AWS that helped us resolve this! Videos that were impacted by this did not upload properly and will not be able to be viewed and we apologize for the inconvenience. If you continue having trouble viewing new Events from after 10:30 PM PT, please reach out to Wyze Customer Support.

March 15th 10:23 PM PT - AWS is reporting that their metrics are back to normal and we’re starting to see improvement. We’re not calling our issue fully resolved yet and we’re continuing to keep an eye on things. Thank you again for your patience.

March 15th 9:37 PM PT - We are told that AWS is working on a fix but that they don’t have an estimated time of completion yet. We’ll keep you posted.

March 15th 9:07 PM PT - We are still working together to solve this problem and don’t have an update at this time. Thank you for your patience.

March 15th 7:16 PM PT - We are working with Amazon Web Services (AWS) to resolve an issue preventing some Cam Plus videos from playing. This results in an Error Code 06 response and a 0-second video. We will resolve this as soon as we can and are sorry for the trouble.

5 Likes

If Cam Plus stopped recording events today, and we have followed all other guidance to make sure event recording is enabled, and we are not getting Error Code 06, could that be related to this outage?

i.e. for some reason after 6:22am this morning PST, it simply stopped recording motion events, but we can still view the timeline playback in the camera itself. So motion is working, just not the cam plus functionality of “Event” recording

If it isn’t showing any videos, I’d say it’s something else since this issue is specifically for videos that are recorded but not playing. We’re sorry to hear about that! I’d recommend contacting customer support.

Wyze Customer Support

I think it’s a Wyze issue. Mine is doing the same thing. Can watch a car go by and nothing it triggered, yet it shows up on my sd recording.

Yeah, I’m starting to question having purchased a Wyze. Seems like it’s quite unstable since I got it about 3 weeks ago. All the issues seems to be around the Cam Plus Service, which I don’t mind paying for as I get that they have to make money and this is their business model…it just should work. If it’s not ready for prime time, give me my money back until it is. We buy cameras for peace of mind, but if I look at not a single movement in 15 hours, and I am on the street heading to the park (very busy foot traffic), then something is wrong.

We definitely recommend contacting customer support in this case. I’m going to assume that you’ve already tried adjusting the sensitivity and motion detection zone. We apologize for that being your experience!

March 15th 9:07 PM PT - We are still working together to solve this problem and don’t have an update at this time. Thank you for your patience.

Just tried deactivating Cam Plus and reactivating Cam Plus, and now it is picking up motion again. Had to do this in week 1 of owning the camera, and thought I would try again, hope it is not necessary often, that’s a real inconvenience.
But now it is only capturing every event as “Motion” and not “Person” or “Vehicle”.

1 Like

I’m also noticing intermittent outages for wyze sense. Several times tonight, sensors associated with bridges (in multiple states) have gone offline.

March 15th 9:37 PM PT - We are told that AWS is working on a fix but that they don’t have an estimated time of completion yet. We’ll keep you posted.

March 15th 10:23 PM PT - AWS is reporting that their metrics are back to normal and we’re starting to see improvement. We’re not calling our issue fully resolved yet and we’re continuing to keep an eye on things. Thank you again for your patience.

1 Like

March 15th 11:38 PM PT - We are now seeing service restored to the levels from before the outage. Thank you to the team at AWS that helped us resolve this! Videos that were impacted by this did not upload properly and will not be able to be viewed and we apologize for the inconvenience. If you continue having trouble viewing new Events from after 10:30 PM PT, please reach out to Wyze Customer Support.

6 Likes

I am still seeing intermittent Error 06 with a V3 cam. It was good for almost the whole day and now since around 7:30PM ET I’ve been getting multiple stretches of Error 06 events. I have submitted a log to support on the issue.

1 Like

Still happening for me as well. 11:54AM CST. Seems that some will play and some will not. When I deactivate CamPlus on my outdoor cameras I am able to view the normal 12 second clips that record after turning camplus off. When turning it back on new videos that are recorded do not play. Seems to be a CamPlus issue.

Also happening on my Doorbell cam. So far for me it is only affecting my Doorbell and 2 Wyze cam outdoor cameras. Not affecting my V3 cameras with CamPlus subscriptions.

I signed up for the 14 day trial of CamPlus…It has been a joke. the videos have not played at all (I normally get error code 06). So much for a trial period. I haven’t been able to use it one time.
I have been a Wyze customer for a few years, love their cameras, bought the outdoor cam when it was realized and was going to purchase Cam Plus. I have submitted multiple logs and no response.

I will say that I love the CamPlus when it is working! And for me this is the first time in probably 4 months of it not working. Which is unfortunate for deices that cant have an SD card in them for constant recording and remote playback like the doorbell and outdoor cams. CamPlus is much more crucial for those devices in my opinion.

I can’t be the only one. cam plus event recordings stopped on my pan on 3/15 and have yet to resume. No recorded video and no motion alerts. I’ve tried to restart the cam and force closed the app. The support link above is broken. When can we expect this to be resolved?

Mine have been off (with error 06, 8 cams activated with cam plus) since 9th of march. just spoke to support and he promised they might adress this in a future fix :partying_face:
It looks like this happend with the last firmware update, but sadly need to troubleshoot this by myself.

My problem is similar ( Cam 2) but it begins playback of the event recording but stops about 5 s into replay and then hangs. Missing important events! Tried chat and that was futile. It seems to be related to the firmware update. I am never allowng an update in the future until thoroughly vetted.