I have a Wyze plug, model WLPP1 and NOTHING makes it forget how it was previously programed. I’ve deleted it from both Wyze app and Alexa, I’ve done the reset a dozen times, deleted the Rule pertaining to it, I’ve held in the button on the end while it’s unplugged hoping to drain any remaining current/programing. The next time I pair it… it’s exactly as before working to the same previous Rules(deleted Rules). It works fine, but I no longer want it turning off/on to previous Rule settings. Changing the Rule does NOTHING. It’s locked in time. What can I do to make this plug a NEW PLUG, OBEY NEW RULES?
Welcome to the community @carart .
Sorry you are having these issues, as a community member myself, I try to help out when I can.
Couple of questions first:
- When you say Rules, is this isolated to Wyze Rules or are you indicating ALexa Routines?
- What Version of the App are you using?
- Are you using iOS or Android?
- What is the Firmware version of the Plug in question?
Couple of things to try:
- Start the App and Remove the Plug as you have before
- Go to Account > App Settings and Clear Cache from here
- Go Back to the Account Menu Scroll to the Bottom and Log Out of the App
- Restart the Device
- When the Device is back up, start the App and add the Plug back. See if the Rules still fire.
If you are talking about Alexa, Once you remove the Plug, you can then go and Disable the Skill and then Enable it again.
I have over half dozen Wyze devices and would rather not Disable the skill if possible but I do want to try deleting the app cache. Sounds like a good suggestion. Thanks. I’ll try that.
I was speaking of Wyze Rules
Wyze app 2.80.0 (a11)
firmware 12.0.80 and all devices report “Up to date”
I’ve reset again and called it by another name than before. It’s paired, no rules are appearing for it so I’ll let it sit for a day or two and see if it’s turning itself off/on as before then delete the cache and start over.
thanks for the prompt reply
Just a heads up…the name is irrelevant. The plug has another unique identifier used by the Wyze app. You can rename, delete and add back with a different name, etc. The Wyze app still knows it by the identifier.