Remote Live Stream nearly impossible today

Hi, folks!

We’re still looking into this and apologize for the delays.

To answer some questions that came up since last I posted:

1. The firmware upgrade for v2 was not created in response to this connectivity issue though we are checking to make sure it doesn’t mess up connectivity.
  2. When we figure out what’s going on here, it PROBABLY won’t require an update but I can’t promise that quite yet.
  3. Anyone that posted a support ticket number since last I posted has now had their ticket number sent to the support team.
  4. We put up a status update on our support site earlier today. We should have done that earlier and we apologize for the delay.

Here’s more information for today as we’re still trying to get this sorted out:

We updated the live stream log collection tool so if you’re still having trouble, please read and follow these instructions. The more logs we get the faster we’ll be able to sort out what’s going on and fix it. We are sorry that it has taken this long and apologize for the experience.

When you submit a log please include this information if you have it:

• What error code is being displayed?
  • What color is the status light of the Wyze Cam?

We’ve been developing a diagnostic tool on our end to help better troubleshoot connectivity-related issues. The Wyze Tool will give us more detailed logs for connectivity problems and help us pinpoint the problem. If you are interested in using the Wyze Tool to provide these logs, use these steps:

ANDROID INSTRUCTIONS

1. If you’ve used the Wyze Tool previously, please uninstall the older version before proceeding.

2. Please open the following link on your mobile browser and download the .apk file for the Wyze Tool:

Android download: WyzeTool_2_1_0_1_Official_20190227.apk - Google Drive

1. Upon opening the .apk file, your phone may display a message warning that the app is not allowed to install unknown apps from the download source. You should see an option for ‘Allow just this once’ which will take you to the setting in question to enable for this installation. If you wish to disable this again, or were never prompted with the pop-up, it can be found under Settings → Apps → Advanced settings → Special app access → Install unknown apps.

2. Once the installation is finished, open the Wyze Tool and log into your Wyze account.

3. Please connect to a different network such as LTE, select the camera you were having trouble connecting to from the dropdown menu, and click Connect. If it fails, please click Send logs at the bottom, fill in the ISP and router information. Click Confirm and Send.

4. Please let me know when you’ve sent in the log and give me the support ticket number after you receive it in a reply email.

iOS INSTRUCTIONS:

1. Please open and download the following link on your mobile browser.

iOS download: https://fir.im/n43x

1. After the download is initiated, the status of the app should be “Waiting”, please tap it to start downloading, and the status should become “Loading”. It might take a few minutes to download depending on the network.

2. After the download is finished, if you get an “Untrusted Enterprise Developer” error, please go to Settings > General > Device Management > Trust “Wyze Labs”.

3. Open the Wyze Tool app, and select the camera you’ll be testing from the dropdown menu.

4. Upgrade to the Test Firmware on the device in question (currently only available for v2 and Pan cameras). This process could take a few minutes, but you don’t need to keep the Wyze Tool in the foreground for this to process.

5. Please connect to a different network such as LTE and click Connect. If it fails, please click Send logs at the bottom, fill in the ISP and router information. Click Confirm and Send.

6. After the log is sent in, you can use the Wyze Tool to revert your camera back to the live firmware version.

7. Please let me know after you send the logs and give me the support ticket number you receive in a reply email.

4 Likes