Remote Live Stream nearly impossible today

only good for iphone. not android

1 Like

Having connection/live streaming issues on 2 of 3 cameras for the last two days. One cam live streams fine on a remote network, but the other two will not live stream, just cycle thru the 1, 2 & 3 connection states. Not getting an error code, but sometimes see the message to power cycle, etc. Occasionally can live stream over Verizon LTE, but not always. Live stream works fine for all 3 cams if on the same WiFi as the cameras. Event notifications and event videos for all three cams are working properly.

I have submitted this streaming issue, with the log, three times using the Wyze app “Report an Issue” feature, but have not received an email response with a support ticket number for any of the three submissions. Checked email spam folder, and nothing there. If I’d received a support ticket number I would have submitted it here

1 Like

Sorry to hear that. My last communication was yesterday. Haven’t heard anything from Wyze today. They probably just back from lunch!

I assumed that it would be an automated response with a ticket number. My bad

1 Like

There should be an automated response. If you would like to message me your email address that you used I can check for your ticket numbers that way.

Hi, folks!

We’re still looking into this and apologize for the delays.

To answer some questions that came up since last I posted:

1. The firmware upgrade for v2 was not created in response to this connectivity issue though we are checking to make sure it doesn’t mess up connectivity.
  2. When we figure out what’s going on here, it PROBABLY won’t require an update but I can’t promise that quite yet.
  3. Anyone that posted a support ticket number since last I posted has now had their ticket number sent to the support team.
  4. We put up a status update on our support site earlier today. We should have done that earlier and we apologize for the delay.

Here’s more information for today as we’re still trying to get this sorted out:

We updated the live stream log collection tool so if you’re still having trouble, please read and follow these instructions. The more logs we get the faster we’ll be able to sort out what’s going on and fix it. We are sorry that it has taken this long and apologize for the experience.

When you submit a log please include this information if you have it:

• What error code is being displayed?
  • What color is the status light of the Wyze Cam?

We’ve been developing a diagnostic tool on our end to help better troubleshoot connectivity-related issues. The Wyze Tool will give us more detailed logs for connectivity problems and help us pinpoint the problem. If you are interested in using the Wyze Tool to provide these logs, use these steps:

ANDROID INSTRUCTIONS

1. If you’ve used the Wyze Tool previously, please uninstall the older version before proceeding.

2. Please open the following link on your mobile browser and download the .apk file for the Wyze Tool:

Android download: WyzeTool_2_1_0_1_Official_20190227.apk - Google Drive

1. Upon opening the .apk file, your phone may display a message warning that the app is not allowed to install unknown apps from the download source. You should see an option for ‘Allow just this once’ which will take you to the setting in question to enable for this installation. If you wish to disable this again, or were never prompted with the pop-up, it can be found under Settings → Apps → Advanced settings → Special app access → Install unknown apps.

2. Once the installation is finished, open the Wyze Tool and log into your Wyze account.

3. Please connect to a different network such as LTE, select the camera you were having trouble connecting to from the dropdown menu, and click Connect. If it fails, please click Send logs at the bottom, fill in the ISP and router information. Click Confirm and Send.

4. Please let me know when you’ve sent in the log and give me the support ticket number after you receive it in a reply email.

iOS INSTRUCTIONS:

1. Please open and download the following link on your mobile browser.

iOS download: https://fir.im/n43x

1. After the download is initiated, the status of the app should be “Waiting”, please tap it to start downloading, and the status should become “Loading”. It might take a few minutes to download depending on the network.

2. After the download is finished, if you get an “Untrusted Enterprise Developer” error, please go to Settings > General > Device Management > Trust “Wyze Labs”.

3. Open the Wyze Tool app, and select the camera you’ll be testing from the dropdown menu.

4. Upgrade to the Test Firmware on the device in question (currently only available for v2 and Pan cameras). This process could take a few minutes, but you don’t need to keep the Wyze Tool in the foreground for this to process.

5. Please connect to a different network such as LTE and click Connect. If it fails, please click Send logs at the bottom, fill in the ISP and router information. Click Confirm and Send.

6. After the log is sent in, you can use the Wyze Tool to revert your camera back to the live firmware version.

7. Please let me know after you send the logs and give me the support ticket number you receive in a reply email.

4 Likes

Exact same issues as flagged above for me. started yesterday, or day before. it’s intermittent connection to stream. error code 0. I have cameras in two locations one on home wifi the other is LTE router on my boat. Same issues on both, it does connect maybe once in 20 times trying over time, then no connection again. events still record and can access.
So frustrating . I only had these cams for 2 weeks and loved them have been the biggest advocate and now questioning.

2 Likes

One of my three cameras works fine over remote WiFi, but the other two display the following when trying to connect over remote WiFi.

No error code displayed, but a gray screen with “Please exit the app and retry”, or

“1. Exit app and retry
2. Power cycle camera
3. Reboot the router”

Over LTE all three cameras will occasionally start a live stream for about 2 seconds then showing 0.0KB/s, then revert back to trying to connect and staying in a connection status of 1/2/3 never showing an error screen.

The status light on all three camera is and always has been a steady blue.

All three cameras firmware was updated yesterday afternoon to 4.9.4.28. The connection/live streaming problem has been the same before and after the firmware update.

Connected to a remote WiFi, the Wyze Tool test showed “Success” for all three cameras, but the app would not let me send the log file.

Gwendolyn, I messaged you my email address so hopefully you can find the support ticket numbers for the three support requests I made yesterday and today on this issue.

3 Likes

We understand your frustration and apologize. We’ll sort this out as soon as possible. If you are up for it, please send us a log using the method I described above and we’ll use that data to fix this problem.

@cornarch51, thank you for that information! I sent you a response through our message. It looks like your logs aren’t coming through at all and I’m not seeing any tickets under that email address. Is there another email that you use that could have ended up the default selection?

1 Like

Just a thought or two. Are you not doing this type of logging independently of what the community is giving you? I am sure many if not all of your co-workers have WYZE at home or some location and they can get the data themselves. Are the third party apps doing the same thing with i.e. TinyCam? This should not be a 72 hour outage. Do you not have a backup plan if your main goes astray? Just a thought or two. Thanks for keeping everyone informed of the progress, Your product does rock and does as advertised. This is just a bump in the road and some lessons learned. I have not given up. :slight_smile:

The trick with this one is that we aren’t actually being affected by it. If we could reproduce it in our office that would be handy but this is impacting a small (though very important!) percentage of community members.

We appreciate your patience and support. Your questions are definitely reasonable and we are continuing to find ways to improve our response to outages (such as developing the Wyze Tool for more detailed logs when we run into issues). We apologize for the problem and will resolve it as soon as we can. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Wyze,

I am also having the same issue (rarely can connect, error 0)

I seems to me that probably your servers are overwhelmed. Please come clean to the community, and let us know what’s happening and how you plan to fix it.

Four v2 cams using stock app. Havent been able to connect remotely using any other network except the home wifi that the cams are connected to since Monday, Feb 24th.

BTW: Thought a firmware update I received on Tuesday while on home network would resolve the issue. Updated all 4 cams, power cycled a few times. Still no connecting while on a remote network, (cell or public wifi). Home network viewing is okay. Southern Ontario area.

1 Like

They are still collecting logs. As @UserCustomerGwen stated, it’s only happening to a small community of members and not every single user. That being said, it is very hard to pinpoint issues if it is not widespread. From the posts I have seen, Wyze appears to be working very hard on this issue. We all have to remember that all other functionalities of these cameras are working. I have spent $500 on a camera system in the past with no support other than trial and error. All in all, my experience with the Wyze support team has been phoenomoal considering how small their company is. I have reposted @WyzeGwendolyns reply to attempt to troubleshoot further.

Remote Live Stream nearly impossible today - #185 by WyzeGwendolyn

5 Likes

I may have a bit of information that just might help. I turned on my VPN on my phone and it started working perfectly. It took just a few second to connect. I closed the WYZE app a few times and the same results. it works!!!

iPhone 8, VPN Onavo Protect. Please try it and give feedback.

2 Likes

Are you connecting to your home VPN?

No, this app just encrypts all data going and coming from your phone. I turn it off and it goes back to error 0 and not working. So, it is a fix for me until WYZE gets to the bottom of this issue.

Hmmmm… does it use SSL/TLS or Starttls?

That’s interesting.

Interesting. If youre on cellular and you turn on vpn, that means you are still connecting to the vpn via cellular, but now the vpn is routing the wyze authentication request thru a non-cellular internet.

1 Like

That I could not say but I will say this. My kids and others turned me on to this when their school Wi-Fi was lockout for them to use. They would simply turn on the VPN app and bam they were on the Wi-Fi and could do what they do. I use it when I go to some locations and they have blocked YouTube and other web locations on their Wi-Fi. As soon as you turn it on nothing is blocked because of the TX and RX encryption used by the VPN. It can’t be filtered for specific web locations any longer. Works great. Not sure everyone knows this information but it is with the kids these days. They are glued to their phones these days.