Recessed wall/ceiling installation

Once POE and RTSP are implemented, this would be the perfect camera to shove inside the wall. A simple old-work style box would be sufficient with some way to hold the camera.

The advantage would best be realized if the mount came with a wide angle lens, or if a new version of the camera were to include such a lens. However, wide angle lenses admittedly reduce the quality of the capture of an individual person or item.

I don’t know if it needs a wider angle. It already does 110 degrees (120 on the pan cam). That is pretty wide and if mounted correctly will cover most rooms. But a mount would be neat. Personally I think I’d rather see a traditional dome mount for something like that but that’s just me and I could change my mind if I see something more functional. Perhaps something similar to the wall mount for the Aeotec / Aeon Labs multisensor. https://aeotec.com/recessed-sensor

1 Like

If anyone has a solution for mounting a v2, recessed inside the wall near a door that would be great. It would be awesome to have a plate to be able to mount

How about using a remodeling electrical box. Put a softer plastic blank cover plate on it and drill a hole in it for the camera lens to look through.

1 Like

Do you have access to a 3D printer? I can design a wall mount for it If you want. I currently have most of it done as is. You’ll just have to tell me how you want the cord to come out.

@SourPickel Oh cool, do you have a Thingiverse profile?

@Loki Hmm… Might take a look at that, what kind of faceplate would you suggest?

1 Like

For the cover plate, make sure it’s nylon (unbreakable) which would be much easier to drill without shattering. I’d use a step drill bit such as this:

1 Like

I am looking for a recessed camera interior/exterior, I personally own several Wyze and I believe is one of the best cameras on the market. So after being thinking for a while came with this idea that wanted to share with Wyze.

A wish. Something I would gladly use as accessory. Very simple.

Most modern homes have an abundance of recessed lighting, both indoors, and in covered outdoor space.

I would love to have a Wyze adapter to fit aesthetically into the recessed lighting “can” and its bulb socket, onto which to attach the Cam without a long USB cord. Minimize the cord, add some plastic “framing” to fill the diameter of the recessed can, minimize the clutter.

This gives a vantage from above, unencumbered, out of the way, and not easily disturbed or reached. Make to work with either Cam.

Hope to see one available soon.

1 Like