Read Very Carefully

I agree with this, and I think it can be particularly helpful if someone takes the time to read multiple posts (hopefully of good quality) in order to formulate one’s own assessment, because different users might describe different experiences, for instance:

This has not been my experience at all. Live view for my Video Doorbell v2 is consistently available whenever I want to check it, and I even use Wyze Rules and Google Home Automations to stream the Doorbell’s live view on three different displays whenever someone presses the button.

This has also not been my experience with Scale S. I step on this thing nearly every day but actively connect my phone to it only once every 1-2 weeks or so, yet when I check the history in the app my daily data is there.

I agree with that, too, on general principle. For instance, I’d be interested in knowing how much history my Scale S can store without actively connecting my phone before it starts to lose data (here I’m thinking it might rewrite older records in memory much like the way cameras do with continuous microSD recording, but I really don’t know). I also wish some of their marketing and other publicly available information didn’t imply the availability of certain features in some products (here I’m thinking specifically about “free” Edge AI Person Detection in Wyze Cam v4, for one), because I think that leads to a lot of confusion and misunderstanding.

I’d use the same sort of disclaimer as @carverofchoice, but he vastly exceeds my Wyze device experience in both variety and quantity, so I’ll say that I’m also just another user.

1 Like