Pssstttt.... Announcing Wyze Cam IFTTT integration

You don’t need two different accounts (although that would work). You just need to setup up separate (duplicate) IFTTT applets, one for each camera.

What kind of state info are you looking for? Online/offline? Night/day mode? Alerts enabled/disabled? Other?

Thanks. Would have preferred to have the videos saved to some cloud service such as Dropbox or Google Drive.

This has a lot of potential but the implementation is quite lacking. I have set the hourly recording of a clip. In my system I have motion alerts enabled only during the night hours. Here is what happens:

1. I received 10 alerts during the night triggered by the IFTTT "hourly recording". THIS SHOULD NOT BE! I do not want any alert for routine recordings!
  2. No recording is made at all during the daytime when the alerts are disabled.
This is all quite backwards...

Just realized that this option will only stop notifications on ALL cameras due the lack of functionality of the app. The app does not allow you to turn off notifications on individual cameras which is a function that the app is lacking. I was able to program to turn off notifications on Sat morning using the date/time widget and turn them back on on Sun evening. Unfortunately, I would like to turn off notifications on individual cameras. This needs to be an option in the wyze app before that can happen.

I did setup push buttons to enable and disable push notifications when I feel I need to (arriving or leaving home). The alert clips still record, but I don’t need to see them when I’m home. I do not like the geofencing option, so I created the buttons. Hope this will give people ideas and options to match their preferences.

IMG_0378.jpg

Sounds like it is doing exactly what you told it to do. Hourly alerts are a clip of whatever is seen - sent every hour. That would be in addition to any other motion / sound alerts.

Not sure if you were replying to me… No… not doing what I told it to do (I told it to record a clip hourly, not to send me an alert; and I also told it to record hourly, not just during the alert on times). Overall not a very satisfying experience to have it do something undocumented and with no way of controlling.

Open the source of the IFTTT apps/widgets so we can set the things as desired.

“You just need to setup up separate (duplicate) IFTTT applets, one for each camera.”

That is what I can’t seem to do. Every time I try to create that second applet, IFTTT just brings up the one that was previously created.

I used the applet, “Disable motion detection when I am home”, and selected one of my home cameras. When I attempt to implement the second instance of that applet, it loads the one that was already created. (The applet ID is the same.) Any changes I make to it are reflected in the sole instance of that applet that appears in “My Applets”. It never creates two of them.

It would appear that I cannot have a (Wyze) applet used more than once.

Not sure why folks are so worried about the motion detection with these cameras… they’re absolutely [profanity removed] as far as motion detection is concerned. I receive push notifications for movements of the sun or when one of my lights turn on or off but NOT when my 180lb self walks in front of it. The only thing these cameras are for is popping in a SD card and recording continuously if something goes down.

Mod’s Edit: Posting edited to conform to the https://forums.wyze.com/t/wyze-community-guidelines/6796